Is your character reflected in the way you dress?

• Actions are by Intentions

Every action has a Intention..

Why do we choose to buy or to wear the clothes we have?
    Is the intention to be cosy? Attractive ? Revealing? Modest?
    I always wondered why a Lady would show her cleavage.. What is her intention?
    I believe What we wear is a true reflection of the heart.

• You make a conscious decision.

You make a conscious decision to put an article of clothing or something of the sort on yourself, and your decisions reflect you as a individual. You commit murder, therefore you are a murderer and possess bad moral character. You wear a plain white tee and even that shows that you like plain white t shirts and THAT reflects your character. Your decisions define you. When you go shopping, you only buy what you like, and when you wear it, you advertise that fact. So you show off your personality and reveal your character to those who see you. Make sense?

• The choice of your clothing speaks Louder than the talk

The motives of ones character is always seen by what they wear. People will always judge you by the looks. If you present yourself in cheap clothing or rugs to important people, the impression of you will be the first they remember about you. When we attend interviews, we all dare to dress presentable. You always sell yourself by your looks. No wonder they say seeing is believing and actions speak louder than words.

• I agree dress makes all the difference

People's choices in all things reflect their character, even down to the details of their clothing.

People instinctively recognize that if one chooses to wear expensive clothing, one is making an intentional statement, perhaps showing one's wealth or taste. Likewise, one is making a statement of another kind if one chooses to wear inexpensive clothing. Though, the statement, in this case, may be that clothes are not of great importance. Those who dress to accommodate the latest fashions show that they value keeping up with trends. A person's choice to wear clothing that flatters them, or that doesn't, makes a statement about their body image and self-image. Further, there's scientific research to support the idea that sartorial clues, the details of one's clothes, do have significant meaning, at least within a specific culture, to the other members of that culture.

• People's choices in all things reflect their character, even down to the details of their clothing.

Posted by: OddWilfredo67
  • Because we have the freedom to dress any way we please, I do believe that our clothes reflect our character.

Fashion has always been an important form of self-expression. Since every person chooses their own clothes, I do believe that our clothes are a reflection of our character.

Posted by: ToughEfrain26
  • When a person dresses himself or herself, then their character is expressed by their choice of clothing.

Anytime a person puts on clothes, they are expressing something about themselves. That is why we have so many clothing stores, and why so much money is spent on clothes. People like to choose their own clothes and express themselves by what they wear. People can talk a lot, but their clothes really talk more.

Posted by: MycaMy
  • Character isn't reflected on the way you dress .

Look, I usually dress more of a tomboy but when it comes to the time I can pretend to be girly . People judge based on your looks. If I go to the mall and look girly I may cause attention . Think about it what about when they talk to me, my personality isn't going to match with my outfit . Looks can change everyday but your character stays with you cause that's how you act . It won't reflect who you are and how you act .

• Character is reflected in Dress code.

Speaking from my own experience as an introverted individual, I find myself wearing items of clothing that are very loose and baggy, on days where I particularly wish to portray that I do not wish to be approached, I often wear my parka coat which includes a hood that I use to cover my face.

Often I believe my clothing reflects my inner self, in that I am an individual who almost literally wears the same colours, not to appeal to one specific subcultural style, but rather as a representation of who I am, by dressing like this I am essentially reflecting my own character and attempting to be open and transparent about this in wider society.

• , mm m km

Nmnn m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m

• Clothing is the first impression but it is never the last impression.

Clothes aids in establishing self - identity while social- interaction, but it can't be a complete index of a person . We can just get a glimpse of a person personality by clothing not the whole look . And the best example can be Ghandhi ji " simple dressing and high thinking"

• We miss out on many opportunities by judging by appearance only.

This happens a lot. Dressing varies from land to land, and therefore judging personality on the basis of the dress someone wears is ridiculous. It doesn't even matter whether the dress looks good on him/her or not. Personality is reflected by a person's behavior, manner of speaking, and in carrying of himself.

• True character is reflected in how we behave, not how we dress.

Clothing is quite often used as costume, to convey a character or persona, which may or may not truly reflect a person's character. Bikers have a specific dress code, as do goths, preppies and prostitutes. Ted Bundy dressed preppy and was a serial killer. Bikers appear as social outcasts, rebels, and violent in nature, yet many live middle-class lives with loving families. We miss out on many opportunities by judging by appearance only.

Posted by: KindheartedCedric
  • Some people place more value on appearance than others.

Some people put careful thought into selecting their wardrobes. They select colors, patterns and fabrics that they believe reflect who they are. Others, however, see clothing as strictly utilitarian and put much less consideration into selecting wardrobe items. Clothing as a reflection of character, therefore, cannot be a universal assumption about everyone.

• Looks may be deceptive, hold your opinion till you know me well.

I am human too and have different moods, so am free to wear the way I like. My dressing can not actually reflect my essence always....... I have right to feel good and live as I like. In today's world, when whole globe is turning to be a global village, In no way I can judge or be judged with my dressing always.

• Your dress reflects more what you're doing and where you're going rather than who you are.

You wear a school uniform to school. You wear your work uniform to work. You wear formal attire at the ball. You wear fashionable clothes all the time without realising it because that's just what was for sale at the time you need new clothes. You dress nice when on a date (what nice is is up to the individual) or go out to lunch. You dress casual when going shopping. Why do we do this? Because that is what is expected of us. We all follow the dress codes that society and the law picks out for us and to deviate from that will result in heavy pressure to conform (also there are fines and other punishments for non conformists).

• Clothing was meant to be chosen by one's taste, but society took control which diluted any character accuracy.

What is more basic to a person's choice then what they adorn their appearance. No two people have the same thoughts, perspectives, or desires. So the result of their tastes in attire would likely differ according to the availability, fit, and positive accent as to how they want to present their appearance. Then the agency of individuality was set aside, when society started deciding what people could choose to wear. The factors of gender and sex were not the determining motives for what people wore, until society made it an issue. Who wore what was scaled by the social attitude of the period, which has changed back and forth over the ages of time. Even today, there are fashion anomalies that contradict stereotypical standards.

• Never ever link apearence with morality and character

My appearance and character are totally not linked.Dressing is a question of taste and attractiveness instead of a question of character.If we've had clash over what I want to wear,it's prudent to simply say that dress does not flatter me like this one does,or doesn't fit as well or is simply ugly.But never immoral.Beacause clothes have nothing to do with my character or morality

Anonymous says2013-03-06T18:33:20.220
verbs can talk more than clothes or appearance