ISIS Twitter accounts have been hijacked with gay porn: Is this an appropriate response to the shootings?

• Gay porn, any porn, any topic is fine by me.

In my opinion, the hijacking of terrorist group's social media accounts with topics that DON'T spread messages of hate and violence is a good, non-threatening way to "tie up" the account from being utilized to further the ISIS agenda. It's the same tactic as keeping a scamming telemarketer on the phone for as long as possible - if they're busy with you, who knowingly understands what is happening, then they aren't preying on other unsuspecting consumers.

• No, hijacking ISIS Twitter accounts with gay porn is not appropriate.

My feeling is that those hijacking ISIS Twitter accounts with gay pornography are not gaining anything positive from that action. While the Orlando tragedy certainly sparks the urge to retaliate, I feel the energy spent in hijacking a Twitter account could be spent in a positive way instead to aid those who are suffering from the event.

• Hijacking ISIS Twitter accounts a recipe for disaster

Omar Mateen, the perpetrator of the Orlando nightclub massacre, was motivated by his hatred of the LGBTQ community. He was also connected to ISIS. Now, ISIS Twitter accounts are being hijacked with images from gay porn. This is not the best way to handle the tragic aftermath of the massacre: it will only provoke the group to more acts of homophobic violence.

• This is not an appropriate response

This was obviously a group of people's reaction to the shooting in Orlando, and it is not appropriate. This will have no affect on the ISIS group, other than making them more angry and possible making us targets again. We should find other ways to deal with the problem; ways that might actually some sort of outcome in our favor.