Israel (yes) vs. Palestine (no): Who do you side with?

• Israel more humane

I'm an Arab. Who lives in canada, why? Ran away because there is no human rights in the Arabic countries, not for women, and especially not for the gay community (I'm a lesbian) I like the fact that israel supports gays, animal rights. Don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for every innocent Palestinian. But israel targets Hamas, not civilians. Hamas doesn't care about who they hit. As an Arab I am ashamed of our Arabic leaders

• Hypocritical to argue "it was Palestine's land first"

Americans killed millions of Native Americans to take control of the land. It was sad, but it's was an issue that had to be dealt with to end conflict.
    Palestinians were a nomadic people, known for their hostility might I add. Tough luck for Palestinians, history was full of land-taking and the strongest survives.

Obviously it's sad that children have to be part of this, but war is bloody. The US killed women and children in the bombing of Hiroshima because the country wouldn't cooperate.

The only way to end this conflict is for one side to eliminate the other. As long as these people are residing near each other, there will always be hostility over land. In my opinion, I would rather Israel than Palestine for obvious reasons, aka large number of terrorists. One less terrorist-infested country sounds alright to me.

• I side with Israel simply because they fought to create their country out of nothing, and they are an ally to the united states.

The Hebrew peoples had no country to call home, thus Israel was fought for and created. They even won the 7 days war where many middle eastern nations declared war and attempted to attack them at once. This is also including the fact they are a strong United States position in the middle east. Although Palestinians have no home, they quite clearly lost in the fight to hold their lands, so why should they get it back for free.

• Winners write history

By the end of World War II, the Allies divided up Germany, created Israel, rewrote Japan's constitution etc. You can argue that they had no
    right to do these things, but how would you change what happened? The winners of a war will always write history. If they created Israel and recognize it, then it has the right to exist simple because the winners decide so. Israel also held its ground against Arab attempts to attack an invade Israel (in Six Day War, Yom Kippur, etc.) Winning these wars is the reason Israel has a right to exist.
    Now, in the Gaza conflict, the Palestinian population elected the Hamas into seats of power, knowing full well that the Hamas charter called for the elimination of Israel. The Hamas is internationally recognized as a terrorist organization. Even Egypt, a fellow Arab nation, became nervous of their rising power and blocked the border. This is a conflict between Israel and a country run by terrorists, who do not care about their civilians and glorify death.
    I know Palestinians were sadly displaced during the creation of Israel, but they elect a terrorist organization into power who provoke Israel with rocket fire for 14 years and act surprised when Israel invades to defend itself. Displacement should not be fought back with rocket fire, which are serious war crimes as identified by the UNHRW.
    In response to the "ethnic cleansing of Palestinians" from Israel, the Arab nations also "ethnically cleansed" themselves of Jews in the mass exodus of their Jewish population from 1948-1970. Israel withdrew from Gaza and the West Bank to assuage the anger against them, leaving behind farming equipment to feed the Palestinian population. The Hamas instead used this money to build terror tunnels and produce rockets, without bettering their civilian's lives. Israel therefore provides Gaza with electricity and water. Tell me, why would a country that wanted to commit genocide do that? Or wait 14 years under rocket fire, in restraint? Or give lands to the enemies threatening them? Israel is an educated country that protects it's citizens with iron some technology and builds bomb shelters. The Gaza Strip is run by a TERRORIST organization that hates Israel far more than they love their civilians. It's Israel's anti-terrorist policy and Western country's support for it that there aren't more 9/11s. In a war between a savage man and a civilized man, always support the civilized man.

• Israel is the only civilized country that shares values with the united states.

The Israelis are a civilized people that bring so much technology and advancement to this world. The Palestinians do not advance the world at all and chose to live in a third world and have war mongering attitudes which doesnt allow peace to happen. The palestinians elected terrorists to govern them. How can you side with terrorists who bring nothing good to the world over a civilized people who advance the world. There is over 20 muslim states and only one jewish state. There is also a Palestinian state already (Lebanon). How can we put Israel's security at risk when it is the only jewish state. "If the Palestinians would lay down their weapons tomorrow there would be peace. If Israel layed down there arms tomorrow, there would be no more Israel."- Benjamin Netanyahu

• Israel won the war

Israel won the war and yet as behaved amicably in the face of international support and disdain. There is no reason that Israel could not forcibly remove the Palestinians from Gaza and force them into the Sinai or elsewhere, but they have yet to do so. Israel won the war and 60 year later has the right to their land and territory.

• It's not that difficult

Palestine wants Israel dead, Israel wants to live in peace. If Palestine stopped bombing and threatening to destroy the state of Israel the peace would begin immediately. If Israel did the same the Palestinians would be emboldened and would escalate their attacks. What is Israel supposed to do? Reading the comments to the right which say Israel doesn't have a right to exist is depressing. Morally upside-down perspectives.

• Sxwdhj'cbegvhtdjb=qwknawsedrtyuiolkjhgtrewqazsxdcvgbh ghjkj g

A b c d e f g h I j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z a b c d e f g h I j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z

• Free Palestine from the Zionist Plague

Israel is a terrorist state that has no right to existence. It was artificially created by the British after the Second World War because they felt bad that the Jews had been subjugated by the Nazis. It's quite ironic, really, since what the Israelis are doing to the Palestinians is no different. They use Palestinian children as human shields, they fire missiles at civilian targets, they built settlements on land that isn't theirs and push out the Palestinians, forcing them into what are essentially ghettos. They impose strict sanctions on Palestine, allowing them no way to escape their cycle of foreign-imposed poverty. Free the Palestinian people from this plague that is the State of Israel.

• The land belongs to the Palestinians and always has

Palestine for many years has been a country longer than anyone could remember but what Israelis did was they took over and pushed all the Palestinians away. This is happening because Israel is being protected by the U.S. No one knows because allot of the media is under control by Americans and Jews, and people don't realize were their getting their news. It's not fair, if they kill men, women and children and people don't know about it because the media is controlled by them, and Palestine kills one man and it is all over the news.

• It's isn't difficult

How can a Nation that suffered so much slaughter do the same to someone else" - Logic (London rapper)

You can't say you are defending yourself by killing women and children and dropping bombs on hospitals... It makes the Israelis as bad as the Nazis.

800 Palestinian deaths vs 32 Israeli... Who's the terrorists?

• Isreal tortures kills and is starting another holocaust

Jews, Christians and muslims all lived in peace before ww2 they lived prosperous all together no wars, no arguments, it even says in the Torah that Jews Arnt allowed to enter isreal until their saviour comes. I'd they want to live in peace isreal should merge with palestaine and destroy all of its bias laws towards al religions.

• Who owned it in the first place?

Who's extorting? Israel. Israelites, after going through Hitler's purge, and after being saved from Hitler's madness, they decide to become one. They think because they are the "chosen ones," they destroy everything. It's just ridiculous how much they think they are exempt from criticisms but oh come on, you are the evil ones.

• Palestine is Legitimate and Israel is wrongly based.

I am not only Arab, but I am Muslim, and a native born Palestinian from the city of Al-Bireh of the house of Abed. I have been displaced, and my family ties into the land and has been tied to the land for thousands of years. Recorded in the year 3500 BC, the Phillistinians roamed the land, and almost no Palestinian can be traced or related to them. Many, many years later do we see the exodus occur. The Jewish people are then allowed this land, taking it, and inhabiting it. I swear, on my life, that those who have been native to Palestine, and just Palestine, are these people. But how can you tell? Because around 99% of the Palestinian population, when tested for the semetic gene, were shown positive. This was done by Israelis, who tried to devise a chemical weapon that could wipeout all non-semetic people. But, ironically, when those living in Israel were tested, they, with a 99% rate, were shown negative for the semetic gene they pride themselves so much for. So understand, when someone states anti semetic, that means only the true aramaics and arabs from Palestine, Jordan, and Syria. Other true Jewish people exist, especially in communities such as in New York. Yet, if this is a claim on religion rather than race, then the Jewish people should absolutely not be in Palestine. If the Torah explicitely stated that the Children of Israel may live in that land, then I would shut my mouth, huddle in a corner, and never speak again. But the Torah, in its purest (and unaltered) essence, states that the Children of Israel, due to being punished by God, are not allowed to enter Israel unless he deems them worthy of so. Their main basis is also a lie. The animosity between the two groups has nothing to do with each sides religion, no matter how much the media would like to stress that. Its not Israelis versus Arabs, but Israelis versus Palestinians. The Christian people of Palestine follow what can be considered one of the purest form of Christianity today. Yet they live among the Palestinians like kin. Israel is really the terrorist organization. Want to know why they have been hated for thousands of years? Because they control most of the worlds banks. America's banking is controlled by Israel, thats why the country is in such debt. Britain is also. But they are a country of violence and war, stemming from outside of Palestine. That is why they want America to go to war with Russia and with Iran. Because their banks are seperate, they don't control the country, and they are not in power. Israel has murdered millions of more people in these conflicts in order to attempt to control these powers. I love the Jewish, but I hate the Israelis. And those two mix like oil over water.

• It's all about money !

Support my argument? Okay, why worry about this if you not rich!? Get Money and do your own thing. So that's all I got to say to y'all. Listen to me and everything will be okay. Vote ME for President if you think I'm right. I'll never drop a citizen.

• Israel has shown they do not want peace

The questions whether Israel has the right to exist is rather philosophical and I agree with some of the yes answers in that there's no changing the past but that's not the point of the debate. The fact that Israel exists does not justify their illegal, inhumane, and deplorable actions in Palestine. Finally their actions are catching up with them. The more I learn of the situation the more clearly it shows how much of the wrong side of history Israel is on and it is a legacy they created for themselves. And for Palestinians, they are called terrorists for defending themselves while Israelis are great war heroes for stealing their land in the first place?

This read really amazed me, check it out:

• Complicated, but historical context leans the case towards the Palestinian side.

Both sides have done terrible things to each other over the years, to the point where for an outside observer it really is difficult to see any side as being in the right. However, although I think both sides bare blame for the day-to-day violence, and a pragmatic solution to the conflict must take into account both peoples' interests, historic context should lean our sympathy and support towards the Palestinian side.

Many people studying this debate view it as a historical struggle between two peoples over land, akin to many other territorial struggles around the world. This is a misunderstanding of history. The debate is in fact more akin to a struggle between a colonial power and an occupied people.

In 1917 the Balfour Declaration confirmed support from the British government for the established in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people (mainly as a method of getting Jewish support for the Allied powers in WW1). This declaration was made, despite the British government also having promised the Palestinian Arabs control of the territory for supporting them in the war.

The Zionist desire for a Jewish state was mainly down to two reasons; Firstly because of a religious desire to establish a Jewish state, in 'the holy land', which many believed was the Jews' historic home. I do not think the 'holy land' argument stands up if you do not believe in Judaism. As for the historic homeland; in 1917, when the declaration was made the Jewish population of Palestine was around 14% (only around 94,000 Jews). The Jews had not been a majority population in the region for around 2000 years. These facts to me indicate that the Jewish people had no historical 'right' to Palestine.

The second reason for the Zionist desire to establish a Jewish state was to protect the Jewish people from the rising tide of anti-semitism in Europe, a fear that proved to be extremely justified given the events of the following decades that culminated in the rise of the Nazi's and the horror of the holocaust. It is entirely understandable that the Jewish people would want to protect themselves from this, and that so many millions of Jews would make the journey to their new home of Israel in these conditions. This is a very powerful and emotive argument, but I think it has its limits too. If the Jewish state had been established instead in Uganda (as had been originally proposed in the Balfour negotiations), would we think the Israeli occupation of Uganda in 2015 would be justifiable in the way that many people see the Israeli occupation of Palestine in 2015 to be, because of the Jewish people's initial fears of escaping anti-semitism. I doubt it.

I'm running out of words, and what I've said is just a tiny part of this very complicated debate. But my small point here is that the historic right to the land rests with the Palestinians in my book.

• It's not morally right

In the Torah, it says that jews cannot enter the holy land until their savior comes. The Torah also states that there shall be no killing, yet the jews do it to the palestinians just to secure their hold on the land. Therefore, the land should be given back .