James Franco v. New York Times Theater Critic: Was James Franco justified in his critique against the New York Times negative review of his new Broadway play?

• He was justified in his critique because that was his own opinion.

A critique is always justified no matter who it comes from. However, it is not always correct. The person could be purposely attacking the program but I do not believe this is the case. I believe James Franco's opinion was well thought out and executed. I think that because it was negative many people don't want to talk about it because no one likes conflict.

• He should have taken a stand but in a respectable way

I do not agree with the way James Franco critiqued against the NYT. He should not have used the words that he used in his text. I do believe that the NYT critic was a bit harsh in his remarks against Franco but he should not have lashed out the way he did.

• James Franco Not Justified

I think James Franco was not Justified in his critique against the New York times negative review of his New Broadway Play. He should have been given a fair attack. The Negative reviews were harsh, and no attention was given to James Franco's criticism. He deserved to be heard, and been given a chance to explain.

• james franco gives but can't take the criticism

Very few actors would hope to have all positive reviews of any piece of work. Reviews both good and bad are part of the actors life. James Franco's critique of the New York Times review shows his immaturity at not being able to rise above criticism. If the review had been positive he would have been basking in the glory and letting everyone know how amazing he was. As it was bad he decided to publicly respond to the review making himself look spoilt. Later retracting it looked even worse. Letting the public attending the play form their own opinions would have shown the reviewer to be a bad reviewer without any input from James Franco.