Jamie Foxx Stars in Sleepless sequel: Is this better than the 2011 original?

• Yes, the Sleepless sequel that Jamie Foxx stars in is better than the 2011 original.

Yes, the Sleepless sequel that Jamie Foxx stars in is better than the 2011 original. It is my opinion that 2011 was not a good year for movies. Movies that have been released this year and last are much more exciting and entertaining, and any movie with Jamie Foxx is worth watching.

• Sleepless has all-star cast and good chance to outdo original

Directed by Baran bo Odar, the 2017 remake of the 2011 French action thriller "Sleepless Night" is a gritty Americanized version that is sure to delight. Foxx's character gives in to what he considers a victimless crime only to find himself at odds with a powerful drug lord. Jamie Foxx has the acting talent and action film experience to make his character believable.

• Sequels aren't always better.

Despite the craft of making films becoming better as time goes on, sequels aren't always easy to do. There is a lot that can go wrong with sequels, the plot may not live up to the original, the actors may choose to play the characters differently, and the feeling of nostalgia in the audience may be too much to overcome. I hope Foxx does a good job, but I'm not holding my breath,

• No, not necessarily.

No, it may not be better than the original. Jamie Foxx is a fine actor. He does a superb job in every role. I enjoy his performances, his energy, and his professionalism. But it doesn't mean the sequel is better than the original. Often, sequels try too hard to recapture whatever it was that the original had, and they fail. In the case of Sleepless, the sequel is fine, but not necessarily better.