Janet Reno, first female attorney general dies: Do most Americans know who she is?

• Yes, I think so.

After winning confirmation as attorney general, she called the moment an "extraordinary experience, and I hope I do the women of America proud.''She was famed for telling reporters “I don’t do spin" and often told the public “the buck stops with me.” Reno's tenure also was marked by political furor, similar to the controversy that now shadows the Justice Department's management of the Hillary Clinton email inquiry.

• Most Americans do, millenials don't

Janet Reno was attorney general for over 8 years, the longest span in US history. Most Americans are familiar with her strong and terse comments when forced to. Or at the very least, they remember Will Farrell's impersonation on Saturday Night Live for Janet Reno's Dance Party. She had not been one to seek out the spotlight lately, so it's understandable that she wouldn't be remembered by a younger generation.

• No, not likely.

I highly doubt that most Americans know who Janet Reno is, which is a shame. Women were only granted the right to vote in the United States in 1920. That's less than 100 years ago. A woman who was able to rise to such an important position in a country where women have historically been looked on as lesser citizens should have received much more recognition. Hopefully more people will learn about her after her death.

• No, not anymore.

Janet Reno was well known when she was in office, particularly when Bill Clinton first appointed her attorney general, but she has since faded into the limelight. Most young Americans have not heard of her. News of her death took some time to spread, as her fame had not continued.