Jayden Smith posted a fake video of his suicide by hanging on Facebook: With many people believing the video to be genuine, was the prank still harmless?

• No, he is a sick little boy

Jayden Smith posted a fake video of his suicide by hanging on Facebook. With many people believing the video to be genuine, the prank was not harmless. It was a sick joke to play in order to promote his fame and probably his new series. He needs to grow up!

• No, it was not harmless.

Suicide is not a prank. It is a tragic thing that people do everyday for a wide variety of reasons. It is okay to use humor to cope with suicide, but using humor to make fun of suicide takes away from the seriousness of suicide and the promlems (including depression) that lead to it.

• that's sad for him

I did not realize that Jayden Smith posted the fake video himself. I thought it was an internet hoax. If I am to believe that he did this himself then his parents need to listen to his cry for help. For the last year or so he has been doing some bizarre things, like dressing as a girl, making strange comments that school is not necessary. I thought he was just eccentric but there is obviously more going on with him. Get him some help Will and Jada.

• No, suicide is not funny.

No, the prank was not harmless. So many people actually lose loved ones to suicide that it is cruel and insensitive to make practical jokes and pranks about suicide. By making a pretend suicide video, Smith was making light of the very deep and real pain that people experience when a loved one does commit suicide.