Jennifer Lawrence: Do you believe the nude photos hack was a sex crime?

• Jennifer Lawrence was the victim of a sex crime.

If Ms Lawrence had been at home and someone had trespassed on her property to peek in her windows, he could have been arrested. Her property was stolen, her privacy was violated, and her dignity was trampled. This is a new kind of crime, and we must decide what it is. She was accurate in what she said. It is a new kind of sex crime.

• She was exposed in public against her will.

I think you can probably argue that the hack was a sex crime. Jennifer Lawrence believed she had stored the pictures in a private and safe place, and the person who obtained them had broken in and taken them illegally. To then publish them is to expose the persons naked body in public. If you were to do that any other way it would be a sexual assault.

• nude photo leak

No I do not believe that the nude photos hack and leak was a sex crime. A sex crime can be described as a crime involving sexual assault or having a sexual motive. I do not believe that the hacker intended to leak these with a sexual motive and it definitely was not sexual assault.

• Jennifer Lawrence went a bit far with her statement.

Webster's dictionary defines a sex crime as "a crime involving sexual assault or having a sexual motive". I personally do not believe the hack and release of the nude celebrity photos was a sex crime. I feel it was a blatant attempt to first prove they are able to be hacked, and second, shed some embarrassment to those affected. Ms Lawrence has inflated this beyond it's worth with her statement.