Jerry Lewis angry in interview: Has Jerry Lewis' career been a big disappointment?

• Yes, it seems so.

Jerry Lewis has been angry for a long time that his career did not live up to the careers of some of the others. There were other entertainers of his era, such as Dick Van Dyke, that went on to have longer and more illustrious careers. Lewis is bitter that he was written out of these chapters.

• He is not what he wanted to be.

Jerry Lewis has been angry for a long time that his career did not live up to the careers of some of the others. There were other entertainers of his era, such as Dick VanDyke, that went on to have longer and more illustrious careers. Lewis is bitter that he was written out of these chapters.

• Not at all, understand why he's angry

Perhaps relevancy and ageism may have had something to do with him being booted from MEA. The way it was done was crappy. No thanks Jerry, no phasing him out, nothing. I don't blame him for being bitter in his later years.

As for his infamous last interview have you actually watched the tape? I did. What I saw was a man with a huge career legacy trying to be typecast in an interview. When he mentioned he had a movie coming out the next year I'd have asked "can you tell me about it?" Instead the reporter awkwardly changed the subject. It felt more like an interrogation than an interview. The reporter was not prepared, did not ask any true questions of him or his career, the guy taught film to Speilberg in college! Seriously why not ask about that? Instead the questions were all generalized & I'd be annoyed too if I'd been annoyed too!

Regardless of his temper, his fallout with Dean Martin, the guy is a legend. Too bad that legacy isn't respected & instead has been downplayed to a spundbyte of "angry old man".

• Jerry Lewis' career has its merits.

Though Jerry Lewis has experienced many ups and downs, as well as a good deal of mockery, he is still a well-known name across the U.S. Whether his career has been a disappointment to him is for him to decide, but overall he has become an iconic figure in his field.

• No, Jerry Lewis is an important pop-culture icon.

Jerry Lewis' career has been anything but a disappointment. He has won dozens of awards for his comedy, acting, and music, and his influence on the entertainment industry will persist for many years to come. Not only is he a great entertainer, but he has also used his fame to raise money for good causes. Jerry Lewis is an American hero.