Jewish eruv wire in Manhattan marks religious boundaries: should this wire be removed?

• What a crazy world.

The Nazis once put wires around the Jews to keep them in, now they do it to keep the world out. Hyperbolic I admit but the point of the wires in both these places are to mark the people on the other side of said wires as different, as others, as undesirable. Religious rights are fine and dandy until they impose of my right to be free of them.

• Not in line with rules and regulations

If someone wants to hang a wire in their own back yard that's fine by me, but rules apply to public places which all should respect. This wire could create unsafe situations and it could create precedence for other groups to create boundaries of their own.
    There is no need for religious boundaries in public areas as everybody is free to behave as they want respecting the local rules and regulations.

• Remove the wire

I do not think it is acceptable in the United States to have physical boundaries of this nature. The United States does not have a formal religion, and I do not believe that it should be permitted to erect physical boundaries that keep people in or out, based on their religions choices.

• Jewish eruv wire in Manhattan should not be removed.

The Jewish eruv wire in Manhattan should not be removed because it is an expression of religion and we are all entitled to Freedom of religion. The eruv wire is no more an expression of religion than Johavah's Witnesses going from door to door and soliciting individuals to learn about their religious beliefs. We as a country need to work towards being more tolerant of diversity.

• Religious Boundaries Prevent Friction

Visible boundary markings inform outsiders that they'll encounter others with different views and/or customs, and to adjust behavior accordingly. While outsiders may bristle, calling the boundary "special treatment" or a "privilege", it protects members of the religion. Since outsiders can choose to stay on their own side of the boundary to avoid contact, members can engage in their practices without fear.

• Not Hurting Anyone

As long as it is not hurting anyone I do not see why they wouldn't be able to follow their religious right in this country. Although it is in a public space, it is something small and most people would not even think about it or might not even see it. We have religious symbols all over the place.