John Glenn dies: Does Mr. Glenn receive the respect he deserves?

• John Glenn does receive the respect he deserves.

John Glenn does receive the respect he deserves. He has many reasons to receive praise and many sources of that praise. His work in politics was a long lasting and accomplished career. So many people in politics as well as his constituents respected him for that. He is also of course famous for being an astronaut and that alone is enough to get him into history books for a long time to come.

• Yes, I believe that Jon Glenn received the respect that he deserved all of his life

Yes, I believe that Jon Glenn received the respect that he deserved all of his life. Jon Glenn was the first man to walk on the moon. This was a major accomplishment at the time. For this, Jon Glenn became famous. He always received the respect that he deserved during his life.

• He is a national hero

I haven't hear any disparaging remarks about John Glenn, but plenty of articles giving him credit for the national hero that he is. I'm sure there will be even more honor posthumously. Just because we don't talk about someone every day doesn't mean we forgot their contributions. He is loved.

• Too few astonauts are known by name

If someone asked you to name three famous astronauts, you would no doubt list Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, but how quickly would a third name come to mind? These men risk their lives doing something that so many people dream of doing, yet too few reach the levels of fame and admiration they deserve. No doubt Mr Glenn has many fans, but it's time the general public started to view these men as heroes.