• Yes, he was.

Besides his long and distinguished music career which including playing with the likes of Janis Joplin, Muddy Waters, Vince Gill and Eric Clapton, in 1968, Winters received what is believed to have been the biggest music recording contract in history at the time for the sum of $600,000. He also produced 3 Grammy-winning albums for his hero blues icon Muddy Waters. However, in my opinion, his biggest accomplishment was winning his battle against substance abuse. Mr. Winter successfully achieved sobriety and maintained it laying his vices to rest before he finally passed away. Thankfully, he died sober.

• Johnny Winter is dead

Johnny Winter, a blues musician, passed away in July of 2014 at the age of 70. He had a history of drug abuse, a common sight among Hollywood stars and musicians that were performing during the 70s. He had battled with his addiction for many years and required a brief hospital stay.

• No I don't think Johnny Winters will stay clean.

If he had to be tricked into going clean in the first place, I don't that it will stick. I wish him the best - I really do. However, what is up with his manager knowingly giving him drugs? Seems like that guy should be in jail for a long time.

• No, he will not.

Johnny Winter has not been through a good rehab program. He needs help and support to stay off drugs, and it is hard for a celebrity to get this kind of support, because the people around celebrities believe the best way to support people is by staying positive and saying yes to everything.