Journalism profits from Trump: Do journalists spread hate and division for financial gain?

• Of course they do.

Generally the media starts a lot of the fear in America and in general. Everything is blown out of proportion. Trump claims that the election is 'rigged' but what's really rigged is the media surrounding the election. We see and hear people come out as rape victims, the general public pities and fights for them, only to find out it was a false accusation. Without full time media coverage, America wouldn't have this intense level of fear that we do now.

• Yes, I think so.

Throughout this election cycle, I have read many, many comments concerning politics. I do that because I do not trust the Right nor Left news media. They may state "a" truth, but leave out important related truths. The media is easily scandalized. Any kind of immorality and disgusting behavior makes them cry and scream, for hours and hours and hours.

• They know their audience.

The entire reason that Fox News came into existence was to cater to a certain group of people that want to hear a certain slant on the news. MSNBC is the same way, only they cater to a different crowd. People have figured out how to use journalism to make money, and they play to their intended audience.

• They spread news

Journalists spread whatever news that sells for financial gain. If people did not consume all the negative news, then journalists would report something else. Hate and division are particularly popular news items, so you can't blame the media for trying to pay the bills and remain in business and make a profit.

• No, they don't.

This is not true. I believe that journalist are just doing their job in the right manner. They have a code of conduct of which they practice and adhere to. Therefore we don't have to think that they spread hate for financial gain. The journalism profits they are gaining is worth it.