Journalist Gwen Ifill dies of cancer at 61: If you were diagnosed with a fatal disease, would you attempt to maintain your work schedule as she did?

• Maintaining your Normal Routine can be Therapeutic

Being diagnosed with a fatal disease can turn your entire life upside down. Keeping as normal of a routine as possible can minimize the time you spend thinking about the inevitable. Maintaining your normal work schedule would you feel normal, rather than sick. In addition, advances in science and medicine are continually being made and even fatal diseases can be slowed down. At 61 years of age, you should be able to continue working if you choose to do so.

• Yes I would

I would you attempt to maintain my work schedule as she did because work is important, and maybe I could raise enough money to support myself, and possibly have enough money to pay for a cure or a surgery to save myself from the disease, and if I die, I could have money for a funeral.

• If I were diagnosed with a fatal disease I would get my affairs in order and try and have some fun

People react in different ways when diagnosed with fatal diseases. Gwen Ifill seemed to have found the most fulfillment for her life through her work, so maintaining her schedule as much as possible would make sense. If I were to be given the same diagnosis I would probably make sure things are settled for when my time came, and then do what fulfills me the most: spending time with my loved ones, travelling (if possible), eating everything in sight, and trying to have some fun.

• I would spend time with those I love

Good for journalist Gwen Ifill, who wanted to spend as much time as she could doing what she loved. I like what I do as a teacher but would much rather spend my time with my family traveling to places we had always wanted to see. The last thing I would want to do is work myself to death.

• No, If I was diagnosed with a fatal diease, I would not maintain my work schedule.

If I was diagnosed with a fatal disease, I would not maintain my current work schedule. I would want to spend all the time I had left with friends and family. I would also like to travel and see places that I have not seen yet. I do not think that I would waste my time working when I know I do not have much time left on the earth.