JP Morgan Claims Too Much Bank Regulation: Does the United States regulate banks too much?

• The US Regulates Banks Too Stringently

Following the economic crash of 2007/2008, the United States tightened regulations on banks. This stymied expansion and growth, and stunted the recession recovery process by making it much more difficult for people to obtain loans and credit. Were banks less regulated, they would be able to seek more innovation, and grow faster, as well as provide more capital to the general population.

• No They Don't

JP Morgan is getting a little ahead of itself here in my opinion. Big banks brought this country to its knees and they would do it again if they could. The US does not regulate banks too much. If anything we need more banks that are smaller, not fewer banks that are bigger.

• No, I don't think they regulate banks too much.

No, I do not think that the United States regulates banks too much. Money is a very important thing that everyone wants so I think that it is important for the banks to be regulated as much as possible to avoid any problems. I would not feel safe banking somewhere where it was not regulated.

• Compared to Other Countries, the United States Doesn't Have Too Much Regulation

While it is understandable for banks such as JP Morgan to suggest there is too much regulation in the US, the country has gone from effectively zero regulation to what it has today. Pretty much anyone with the proper reserve funding can open a bank or financial institution in the US. Most other countries have significantly more regulation, and frankly more banking stability, than the US does.