Karachi airport attack: Will security be able to prevent similar attacks in the future?

• It is definitely worth a shot!

You never know what the future holds and what could happen tomorrow, but I am definitely in support of strong security at airports, if it could very well prevent any kind of attack in the future. There is nothing with being extra cautious when it comes to the safety of others.

• No, current security setups do not allow for proper response times or measures

Securing an airport is a matter of response just as much as it is a matter of detection. Until proper military equipment is deployed to high-risk airports, advanced attacks will be by and large successful. Most airports use pre-9/11 layouts that do not allow for a truly redundant security system.

• Unfortuntely, I Don't Think Much Would Stop These Attacks

When there is a will, there's a way. I don't think there is much that airport security can do to prevent terrorist attacks. Even if they add more forces to secure the perimeter, I believe that militant groups will only become more sophisticated in their attacks. These men fighting for these groups are willing to sacrifice their own lives for their cause, I don't think there is anything that can stop them from continuing.

• security already tight

It is unlikely the security will be able to prevent similar attacks in future. Our airports worldwide are currently subject to the tightest security that there has ever been in airports until the present time. Security is so paramount that it is becoming more and more difficult to progress through security at airports with all the new rules and regulations. Therefore if this attack could occur under the current security measures, it is unlikely that it could be prevented in future.