Kids Win the Right to Sue the US Government Over Climate Change: Do you think this is right?

• Yes, I think so.

Along with renowned climate scientist James Hansen, who in 1988 pleaded with Congress to consider the harmful effects of greenhouse gas emissions, the youth group was applauded by activists who saw their lawsuit as a much-needed beacon of hope for future generations. In it, the plaintiffs accused the US government and energy trade industries of endangering their rights to life, liberty, property, and to vital public trust resources.

• No Legal Backing to Sue over Climate Change

I do not believe that kids, or anyone for that matter, really have the right to sue the government over climate change. One, climate change is a world-wide problem and there is no way to say for sure which country played the biggest part, so it can't be blamed on one government. On top of the that it is not entirely the fault of the government. People could have made themselves more aware of what was happening and done something about it for themselves. We are all responsible for the health of the world.

• No, I don't think this is right.

First of all, I don't think kids should be given the right to just sue randomly. Second of all, climate change is not only the fault of the government. It has the hand of everybody in it. There is no benefit gained for the children from suing the government over climate change.

• Climate Change still a debate

The idea here, is that the future generation should get a say in how the government protects the environment for those future generations. I disagree in the policy because there is still much debate about how much humans are affecting climate change and what the future ramifications will be. Also the government is not responsible for the actions of billions of humans around the planet. Also, kids shouldn't be able to sue anyone, they're too young.