Kirk Douglas celebrates 100th birthday: Do you think he is still successful in his acting career?

• Yes, Kirk Douglas should still be seen as a successful actor.

Yes, Kirk Douglas should still be seen as a successful actor. Mr. Douglas rose up from abject poverty to become one of the most groundbreaking actors in early film. His contributions also include helping to end the terrible 1950s Hollywood blacklist and raising another very successful movie star, Michael Douglas.

• I don't think Kirk Douglas is still successful in his career

I haven't seen Kirk Douglas in a movie in a very long time. I can't remember the last film he was in. This leads me to believe he has not been in a film for many years and his career ended years ago. I think he had a very successful career in his prime.

• No, he hasn't been present in movies for a long time now

No, he hasn't been present in movies for a long time now. Kirk Douglas now lives off his well-deserved glory. The man who has immortalized Spartacus, van Goh and many other famous characters, deserves to enjoy his retirement in peace. While he may not be present in the movies (rare are the people such as Christopher Lee) he still remains as one of the living movie legends.

• No, Kirk Douglas is not still successful in his acting career after celebrating his 100th birthday, although he is a legend.

Kirk Douglas is one the greatest actors of all time, and he has achieved nothing but greatness throughout his acting career. However, at the age of 100, his acting career is over and as it should be. He is one the few survivors of the golden era of old Hollywood. A true living legend. As such, it is more than appropriate for him to be able to be recognized for the successful actor he once was. He has absolutely earned the right of being considered a legend, and he will always be an actor, even without a current successful acting career.