Knowledge is more important or Effort for success in life?

Asked by: bhatakti
  • Agree with the oddly worded question

I believe that knowledge and the desire to learn is more important than the focus on success. However, without any real objective life purpose, either could be more important to any individual. I do try to work towards success, so I tied that to my search for knowledge and will head to a physics major.

• With effort one can gain knowledge, but with knowledge one cannot gain effort.

You will need both to succeed, but the importance of effort outweighs knowledge. What I realise in today's youth is their lack of effort and passion to succeed in life. Living in a country with the common upbringing being "Study hard, get a degree, get a job", what I can see, in terms of knowledge is that almost every young adult (below the age of 30) has a degree, but still being unemployed (at least in my country). The explanation behind this phenomenon is not the lack of opportunity, but they just wouldn't give effort to take the opportunity. They figuratively sit on their assets and hope for jobs to find them. In fact, some people wouldn't even take the initiative to gain knowledge in primary/secondary education. Yet it all goes back to the way we define "knowledge" and "effort", but I would not define knowledge as how tulsakaleb did.

• I strongly believe in effort

I do agree both are required to get success in life, but effort is more important. For example- to make a successful program which can run, we need to do lots of efforts, knowledge is same for us, this is the effort which makes people out of the box and successful.