• K pop !!

J POP is childish. People say J Pop was stolen bt K POP but its not true. If J Pop was invented first wouldnt it be more like K POP? Also people are saying K POP stole A POP. Thats not true either. A POP is more rated R music videos and K POP stole NOTHING FROM ANYONE. K POP is perfectly fine of what it is. If people think K POP is over rated they should see A POP. KPOP stars debute for a lot of reasons. They train for 4-8 years (maximum) and they choose the best from all the trainies. APOP people are like hey your good go on HollyWood! NOOOO! Also JPOP stars are childish, cant dance, or either sing! So no one calls KPOP over rated! APOP is WAYY more overrated and JPOP is wayy to childish. Ok? I VOTE FOR KPOP!

• I don't see Jpop singers sing in any language other than Japanese.

The national languages of South Korea (Believe it or not) Korean and English. That is why one group will add english into their song. They don't stop at that, They will do covers of their own song in Japanese, Chinese and English. (maybe others, but I only know of those... Speaking of foreign languages who else wants Dara from 2NE1 sing in Filipino?)
    Since I do listen to both, I don't see and jpop singers sing in any other language other than Japanese, that's not fun. (Unless it's to say love or candy. Sorry, but I find that pathetic. Explanation: Don't you ever start to learn a language and then get so interested in it, to the point It makes you want to learn more? I mean, it's something you can explore!)
    I like it when an artist sings in another language, it doesn't only teach you, but it gets you interested.
    (Wow, I feel like this got way off track.)

**HELPFUL HINT** Before you go say something on this debate, Please research a little before you say something embarrassing.

• Kpop deserve it!

Some people consider kpop idols fake whatever. But they don't realise the effort put into it. KPOP is NOT copied, an artists are amazing at what they do.

To be a kpop artist, unlike so many other countries, you have to train hard for many, many years. Training can last up to 2-9 years. Some can't handle the pressure and leave, but some stay. The people that do, become idols. This proves that they are hard-working, and willing to train and train to become what they want.

In kpop, you have talent
    There is
    Singing
    Dancing to complicated choreography
    Rapping
    Playing multiple instruments
    Speaking multiple languages - For example a singer named Boa can speak Korean, Japanese and English and has recorded songs in Mandarin.

Kpop singers also go on music programs, reality shows, talk shows, and much much more to promote their songs. Singers are themselves when they go on reality shows. Some don't even care about the 'image' while playing games on programs such as Running Man! They also try to show different sides of themselves.

Kpop artists are also actually smart. Many people think that they are just people who train and don't know anything, but singers all go to school and graduate even while they are training.

They don't get much sleep, for example staying up for 3 days to make one music video. ONE!

People also say they are fake because of plastic surgery. They are NOT fake, it is true some actually do have plastic surgery, but it is not actually that uncommon in Korea. To those who call kpop singers fake, I have one question, are you Korean? Do you know all the history, the language, and actually kpop itself?

People simply don't understand the amount of effort that has gone into being a KPOP singer.

Kpop is just simply AMAZING. This is not to say that JPOP isn't. But kpop is just simply.... Wow...

*ace*

• Kpop Wins this!

WHAT JPOP?! You kidding me?!?! Kpop haas all the world need. I saw someone comment about how kpop is TOO SEXUAL. Have you seen Crayon Pop? (Especially Bar Bar Bar)??
    Https://m.Youtube.Com/watch?V=yMqL1iWfku4
    If that's not "cute" to you then I don't know what is. Jpop groups are just..... They don't make sense. Like WTH Perfume showed on their videos. Kpop has SUPER TALENTED PEOPLE DON'T DARE TO ARGUE WITH THAT. Look:
    https://m.Youtube.Com/watch?V=YS3kw6GsYnw

Also:
    https://m.Youtube.Com/watch?V=ComCRiKtgZo
    Just look how amazing they are! 4minute's and SHINee's dances are amazing. Search up "Lucifer by Shinee" or "What's Your Name by 4minute". Can you ever find ANYTHING that's close to ANY of these videos. Even though Psy isn't REALLY kpop, look, he achieved the MOST views on YouTube! Any jpop group did that? I DON'T THINK SO. Kpop has a variety of styles, genres, beats, cloths, and perspective. While jpop to me....
    Is basically all the same. No uniqueness.... AKB48 is just messed up... Too many members (like really WTH) all this CUTSEY BABY genre, same cloths. And yes they DID get surgery. CL from 2ne1 didn't BTW! Perfume is the weirdest group ever, there a RANDOM BEAR in there videos appear of NOWHERE! Kpop DOES have meanings,
    Please search up before you say something.... Whoever said SJ doesn't have any meaning to their songs AND sweard at them after that.... Doesn't understand English, and doesn't respect the other side of the perspective. Plus, I personally don't like SJ at all... But for kpop I'll do this. Mr Simple is actually a pretty meaningful song..... You don't need to take things too heavy on you..... LE's and Hyuna's song "Blacklist" is very "word playing" and VERY meaningful.... Search it up! 2ne1's "Come Back Home" is a VERY emotional song.... It's about the HUGE tradegy that happened in Korea.... So basically they're saying "Come Back Home" to all the students that lost their life. They cried during one live performance... Which actually shows how you ARE supposed get into your song not just by childish fake smile all kpop groups always wear. The same boring expression.
    Http://www.Dailymotion.Com/video/x272bza_2ne1-come-back-home-acoustic-legendado-pt_music
    Look at CL (blonde one)... At some point you'll see a tear. THE EMOTION
    AKB48 CAN'T SING. Fact.
    Plus... You know how Jessica Jung left SNSD (not a fan either). So they made a song "Divine" and Jessica truly cried in the MV! The MV!!!
    The Korean idols trained SO HARD just to debut! I think it was Taeyeon, who wanted to RUN AWAY, when she was a trainee! A 13 year old girl running away because of a trainer screaming at her! THAT'S HOW HARD THEY TRAIN!
    In conclusion: kpop has MORE STYLES, more creativity, more cool cloths, more variety, more genres, more emotions, more talent and better dancing. And if you still don't believe me.... Then watch all videos above for proof!
    KPOP WILL ALWAYS BE ON TOP, WHILE JPOP WILL KEEP ON GOING DOWN AND DOWN AND LOWER UNTIL IT'S HOPE IS LOST. PERIOD.

• I enjoy Kpop more

Honestly, I hate comparing the two. I think that if I were to compare the two, I would come to a stalemate. I love both! I respect the uniqueness and individuality of jpop while I also really like kpop. Which, frankly, I just enjoy it more! But really, it's all a matter of perspective. There is no 'better' one as everyone's view will always be different.

• Kpops are fake!!!

All koreans and kpops are half human and half science!!! If you get me... That's the plastic surgeries to make them look beautiful even though they aren't... And also they are copying and trying to be american people... They are not proud of their selves and they Don't want their country!!! That's all!!!

• I think kpop fans are generalizing jpop

While I listen to both kpop and jpop and i have to say that kpop fans generalise jpop to be full of high pitched singers with no talent whatsoever and has cutesy music. Which is true but to a certain extent. Idol groups usually have the cutesy music and the high pitched voices and aren't really talented because their job isn't focusing on talent it's focusing on image so their music and their talent isn't that important. However idol groups such as C-ute are quite talented and don't have cutesy music or have high pitched voices so not all idol groups are like that. Even in typical cutesy idol groups like AKB48 they had talented singers like Misaki Iwasa and Masuda Yuka so there are definitely talented idol singers too.

However, there are some famous groups and singers in Japan that don't sing in high pitched voices have cutesy songs and have a lot of talent such as Koda Kumi, Ayumi Hamasaki, Namie Amuro, E-Girls, Crystal Kay, Utada Hikaru etc.

• K Pop is...

I'm Korean and there for bias. It's better. I feel as if J-Pop in particular sounds very in your face flashy, whilst K-Pop is along the lines of this, there are some really beautifully thought out and not overly dramatized songs in it's repertoire like IU's "My Old Story". Blah.

• K Pop is...

• Kpop isnt what it use to be...Jpop is good

Take it from me I listen to both Jpop more than Kpop now. Kpop just isnt what it use to be people care more about visuals than actual music kpop artist get plastic surgery but denie it and you can comment shit about them in general especially not Exo because exo-l's loose their shit and threaten you with DEATH! (true story happen to me while in korea) Hyuna for instance isnt the same as she use to he either people bash Kpop artist all theartistand act innocent at the same time...Its to much drama and honestly they make such a big fucking deal over it.
    Jpop has more meaning and I actually like the beat the way Japanese sounds when singing it is fun I can actually work out to it!!

• Way way more better than kPop

JPop has meaning.... KPop just sings nonsense and just dances most of them just dance dance like 80% to their music.. Pop has no real taste. Yeah maybe they train hard.. Yet they don't achieve anything. I love jpop because they can express their feelings in their music not just say things like bonamana which actually sound sh**ty . They sing their song with their heart. Not just some flashy noobs like kpop..

Yes there are good singers in kpop culture like taeyang and stuff..

But there are better singers in jpop like Visual kei music and stuff.

• I was listening alot to japanese music, and I still

There always something new to discover,
    I don’t really know what people mean when they say J-pop, is it only musical genre or only the j-idol industry or just popular music?
    If you compare Japanese to Korean music there still a lot of Japanese bands and artist that I never listened, and there a lot of different musical styles from pop, rock, ballad, reggae, hip hop and it continues.
    I do follow Korean music and there some really good stuff, but the list for me getting smaller and smaller, I also trying to get into Chinese music but Chinese auto tuned pop is for some reason really annoying for me, and I do like Chinese language.
    Korean music that I listen mostly Japanese version, because I enjoy Japanese language more, unless the cover was done to bad or the accent is too strong, but it mostly songs that don’t like.
    Even some Korean artists produce better Japanese stuff than Korean stuff like Boa SNSD and TVXQ. Now tell me if it’s K-pop or J-pop if the song was written and produced by a Japanese person and even some time the choreography was made by a Japanese person.
    Japanese music have more opportunity for me, also I like that the Japanese female idol groups are a little more modest then Korean, and wearing more natural makeup however sound is more important to me than the look, also Korean industry is too much idol based, Japanese music has also big idol industry and as much as fake as the Korean one, but Japanese music expand so much more behind the idols, while Korean expend only a little. Also I hardly can find Korean rock music even if some people say that there a lot of Korean rock I know much more Japanese rock than Korean which also expend into different styles of rock music.
    ---
    But number 1 reason, and the most important is the VOCALOID music, that 90% of it music is still in Japanese. You can argue with everything else, but with this you JUST CAN’T!!!

• I just like it

K pop is always the same singing random English rap and dancing j pop has a lot of genres inside it like rock boy bands ballad ect. If your not listening to anime music you won't find many childish sounding bands or artists out there . Everybody who says that j pop sounds childish have you listened to any actual songs excluding anime theme songs in your " I love Japan phase" that's now " I love Korea phase "

• JPOP is love

First of all, most Kpop groups I hear use Auto-tune which gives me headaches. Jpop music in the other hand gives a soft, calm, childish, cute, and heart-warming lyrics and music. Just listen to better Jpop like Akb48. These days, most people love listening to Love related music and doesn't care about the other genres anymore. If you just find the english lyrics of Jpop, you can see a lot of genres. Most are love songs BUT if you just listen to the other songs like Beginner and River(both by Akb48 since I'm a big fan) tells about hardships, hope, stupidity, and more.

Aside from lyrics are the outfits. I don't like sexy outfits for singers. They make me feel uncomfortable. Cute outfits, however,brings out that love aura. Cute outfits just make me blush >///<

Regarding dances...Kpop does these complex moves that you don't see in Jpop. Meanwhile in Jpop, they do mostly hand gestures. In my opinion, i think they're doing hand gestures to keep their energy to bring out their best moves that can make you WOW. That's how Akb48 made me WOW.

Beauty vs. Cuteness :
    Like I said, I love cute things. Beauty means nothing to me. Cute personality, face, emotions, and songs are mostly shown by Jpop groups(of course including my oshimen Maeda Atsuko and Yukirin) Beauty are shown by Kpop groups. Truth be told, Kpop does plastic surgeries. Jpop does too but in a different kind of way. They do it to their teeth. They have this thinking that crooked teeth looks cute(i think that too espescially Tomochin[Akb again] ^^) and some people say they have big eyes. Aren't big eyes cute? They're super cute!

Listen to Amuro Namie, EXILE, some anime singers, E-girls, C-ute, NMB48, Ske48, HKT48. They all have uniqueness in their songs.

Oh and C-ute is doing complex moves like Kpop so...Not all girl groups do hand gestures.

♥Jpop forever for me♥

• Kpop seems more western while Jpop seems more genuine to their culture.

Let me begin by stating that I do not have extensive experience with either Jpop or Kpop or the culture of Japan or Korea. Based on what I have seen so far in few videos on youtube, Kpop seems like western pop with a lot of sexual themed dance moves. I see no difference between American pop and Kpop.
    One the other hand, Jpop looks weird to me. Weird being good because I am an American and and used to American culture. I am very happy to see Jpop music separating itself from American music and following their own style. The Japan and Korea obviously have different cultures from my own and I would expect to see things that look "weird". This could be a result of Jpop having a longer history than Kpop.

• J-wave music quality seem better

I do not choose Kpop because its just a copy of American music, all that electro voice crap and futuristic hiphop, pop and rap junk that all sounds the same. Furtermore,Too me at least. 90% of Kpop groups just dance without playing instruments. I've never seen them play their own songs. That makes me wonder if they even know their own music or are they just showing off how they look with little understanding of music. There are some exceptions of course. So let's say that I go up to an actual Kpop person (for instance I go up to Minho from SHINee) and ask him to write out Lucifer in music form on music sheet. Will he know how? If he doesn't, then he probably doesn't know his music. (I'm not picking on him. Sorry if I offended Minho fans.) So to conclude, I'm starting to think the people are just showing off their looks with little understanding of music which is why i don't like Kpop.On other hand,A lot of Jpop/rock songs are played by the people themselves.Since they know how to play their musics with instruments, they will probably know how to write their music down on music sheets, know what key their songs are in (Like C Major or A minor). Even if they don't know how to read music and can still play the instrument based on how it sounds, then most likely they have perfect pitch, a rare musical talent that's hard to obtain. The reason why I like their Jpop/rock a lot more is because of that. And also, a lot of their lyrics are meaningful and emotional. Also, they have many different styles(Visualkei/flamboyant outfit with glamrock make-ups = jrock)(harajuku fashion =jpop/rock anime based fashion. Music, to me is about what the person playing wants to tell their audience. Their emotions. A dance is ok as long as you know your music. Music isn't supposed to be mainly for attracting attention and trying to look cool. It just does but that's not the focus. Kpop is becoming more like ("Look at me. I'm sexy right?")

• I was listening to japanese music, and still do

There always something new to discover,

Japanese music have more opportunity for me, also I like that the Japanese female idol groups are a little more modest then Korean, and wearing more natural makeup, however sound is more important to me than the look. Also Korean industry is too much idol based, Japanese music has also big idol industry and as much as fake as the Korean one, but Japanese music expand so much more behind the idols, while Korean expend only a little. Also I hardly can find Korean rock music even if some people say that there a lot of Korean rock I know much more Japanese rock than Korean which also expend into different styles of rock music.

---

• J-POP is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the quality of music, J-pop is definitely millions of light years ahead of K-pop because, first, they are more experienced because they are the ones who hold the so-called throne before(i admit that) but held the throne in a long time.....And most importantly, their music is like the best of the best, I'm talking about the genuine, best quality music you have ever heard and I believe there are more talented artist in J-pop than in K-pop(you can see it obviously)....And that's it!!!!!...No matter what you say, you can't fight the obvious, it's the most powerful thing in the world!!!....

• J-POP is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!

• JPOP is love

Beauty vs. Cuteness :

♥Jpop forever for me♥