Las Vegas crash: Did the Las Vegas authorities respond correctly to the Lakeisha Holloway incident?

• Yes, I believe authorities responded correctly.

Yes, I believe authorities responded correctly to the Lakeisha Holloway incident. Unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure what more they could have done. They responded in a timely matter and placed her under arrest immediately. I understand why they are not releasing her reasoning as to why she did it as this is an ongoing case.

• Las Vegas Authorities Respond Correctly To Incident On The Strip

The Las Vegas authorities did respond correctly to the Lakeisha Holloway incident on the Las Vegas strip last night. Many people at this current media climate expected such an incident to be linked to some sort of terrorism, and by ruling that out early the authorities responded correctly. There is no need to panic people without knowing the truth first.

• Las Vegas tragedy is making us rethink mental illness and criminality

The Las Vegas authorities moved quickly in arresting and charging the perpetrator, a 24 year old woman who ran down people with her car on the sidewalk, killing one and at last count injuring 37. She had her 3 year old child in the car during the incident. It appears to be a deliberate act, which makes you wonder if there is mental illness involved here, or possible post-partum issues. Until they can get her evaluated she has to be arrested and booked, which is what has been done so far. They have definitely done the right thing by detaining her and going through the legal process.

• She is guilty.

Las Vegas authorities respond correctly to the Lakeisha Holloway incident because she is guilty of count of murder with a deadly weapon. Yes, she had a hard life, but nothing can justify her actions. She deliberately swerved back and forth from the street to the sidewalk. Even a child knows that is wrong.