• They are Over rated

They play Led Zeppelin on the radio all the time and I am sick of them. I used to like them but their songs aren't that great. One example is Kashmir that song sounds awesome at first and it seems like it is about to pick up but the entire song is just super repetitive. The Stairway to Heaven is also really lame. I think i would like them more but they are on the radio so much that I am sick of them. The Rolling Stones and Aerosmith are the same way for me, they are good but their songs pale in comparison to many less played artists and I have gotten sick of them. They just don't rock that hard. Another good example of a band like this is the Eagles. I am soooo sick of the Hotel California. It is a good song but they play it way too much. If you hear it more than once you start to realize that the song is long and boring. There is so much good music out there yet many radio stations play these guys way too much.

• Their influence on the industry would say no

Led Zepplin is considered one of the more influental bands out there when asked by other professional bands. They are a band that was reborn from the ashes of another influential band; the Yardbirds. For those who haven't heard of the Yardbirds, members such as Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Page were in this band; and helped developed the rock sound we now know (feedback, fuzztone, amplification).

• It's in the eye of the beholder.

There is no one definitive yes or no answer here. It's a matter of taste.

Tell you what though - as far as influence and historical significance, it's hard to top Zeppelin. I think a case could be made for the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Elvis....

Elvis still gets airplay, but how much talk does one hear about him now? The Beatles, though gone an amazing 45 years now, are secure in their historical place. The Stones are still with us - amazing there too. It's been 35 years since Led Zeppelin ended, yet look how important, popular and substantive they remain. How many other groups will be like that, so long after they quite making music?

• No More Than Any Other Band

An argument could be made that Led Zeppelin is overrated, but you could make that same argument for practically any band that has gained international notoriety. You could say that the Beatles, Eagles, Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Foo Fighters, the Stones, KISS, Queen, Beyonce, Madonna, Eminem, or literally any other musical act is overrated, simply because they are well known.