Legalization of adult incest: Is incest consistent with evolutionary principles?

• Freedom, yes I do support freedom. But in order to have freedom, you must take it away from somebody else.

Is incest Wrong? The answer is yes. Is it destructive? The answer is yes. But they all you need is 2 consenting adults. We have to freedom of making our nation a cesspool of destruction, weirdos, loser, and chaos. I disagree with your lifestyle but I will defend your right to live your lifestyle. "But, I don't want to live in a cesspool country. I am forced to live in this situation."In order to have freedom to Must take it from somebody else's. I will not let you take away my freedom living in a nice moral place.

• Incest Is Consistent

Adult incest can be entirely consistent with evolutionary principles. The key point of evolution is that the members of a species with the most desirable traits survive to pass on those features to future generations. Members of the same family are likely to possess similar numbers and types of desirable traits and, therefore, reproduction between and among family members would likely lead to those traits being passed further along.

• For starters the question itself is wrong, And reasons for keeping incest illegal I have heard are always logically inconsistent

Evolution is a scientific theory. It explains what is. It explains how things work. It does NOT prescribe.

If you are asking whether evolutionary theory means anything big positively or negatively for society in the long run if incest is legalized, then I would say no it doesn't mean anything. There are countries where incest is legal (but not marriage and incest is still frowned upon) and they are still standing. France is actually one of them ever since Napoleon repealed laws against incest.

If they are consenting adults I say we have no business locking them up or giving them fines because of what they mutually agreed to do. Some people want to keep incest illegal because they claim incestuous relationships even if they are consensual are more likely to be abusive. Even if they were right the current law punishes both abuser and abusee as long as the sex was consensual, and if the sex itself is illegal the abusee will be less likely to tell the police about the domestic abuse. Instead of singling out incest we should just prosecute domestic violence whether it's in an incestuous or non-incestuous relationship.

Some people are concerned about the kids, but banning incest on that basis is logically inconsistent unless we also make laws against people who share the same genes for a disease from having children. In cases where both have the same recessive genetic disease the chance of their child having it is 100%. For X-linked diseases like hemophilia if a woman has the disease any children she has will be guaranteed to have it even if her husband doesn't have it. Yet in these cases not only can they have sex they can deliberately choose to have children and there are no legal repercussions.

Some are concerned about upsetting family dynamics, but there are plenty of things that are even more likely to do this that are legal. A brother can have sex with his brother's wife. She can even leave her husband and marry his brother. All of that is legal even though it is guaranteed to disrupt family relationships. Whereas with incest between consenting adults there is a chance that could happen, but not a guarantee.

• Yes, Great for Love expression

I don't think the genetic problems are really significant. There is the benefit of keeping the good genetics within the "Family" which in the past some Royal families did. In this country we have freedom. Freedom of expression of love and sex should be free.
    Sons in love with Moms, Daughters in love with Dad's. Brother and sister connections are wonderfully satisfying.

As for cousins -- Don't even worry. Unfortunately the Laws are antiquated. Incest in an equal loving setting is Best! <3

• No, incest should not be legalized

I believe from a moral standpoint that the legalization of incest would not be morally permissible. This would go against a lot of religious beliefs and would be such a sensitive subject to bring to negotiation that even if it were legalized it would bring a world of trouble from social groups.