Leonard Cohen Dead at 82: Should Leonard Cohen be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

• Yes, Leonard Cohen is Hall-worthy.

Yes, Leonard Cohen is a valid candidate for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Out the many reasons supporting his candidacy, one is his longevity. Spanning 6 different decades, Cohen created 14 studio albums over 49 years, or one album every 3.5 years. However, the quantity didn't decrease the quality. 12 of his 14 albums charted in the top-5 in at least one Western country, and he has won numorus industry awards. The question is not really pertinent though, since Cohen was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2008.

• Yes,, of course.

Many of Cohen's songs became hits for other artists, including Judy Collins, who helped Cohen gain fame by recording some of his early compositions in the 1960`s. Cohen's most ardent admirers compared his works to spiritual prophecy. He sang about religion, with references to Jesus Christ and Jewish traditions, as well as love and sex, political upheaval, regret and what he once called the search for "a kind of balance in the chaos of existence". His lyrics were deeply personal and at times took on an element of prayer, as in 1969's "Bird on the Wire" in which he sang: "I swear by this song/And by all that I have done wrong/I will make it all up to thee."

• Yes, Leonard Cohen should be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Yes, Leonard Cohen should be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame because he was one of the best singers and writers of all time. His music will be played for decades and everyone will know his name. He is immortal in the music world and should be given praise.

• Is death the deciding factor for fame?

No I don't think that Leonard Cohen should be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I don't believe the reasoning behind a persons induction should revolve around their death. If their music wasn't recognized alive why should it matter if they have passed on. It might even set a terrible precedent for mentally unstable artists to commit suicide in hopes that their music will be remembered forever.