Let's say there is a place with huge government. It is like Orwell's 1984. Government controls everything and I mean everything from your money to your food to your entertainment. Would you prefer anarchy over this kind of government?

Asked by: brett.winstead
  • I'd prefer (socialist) anarchy over what we have now.

Not only would I view 1984 as undesirable, I generally am for Anarchism. The end results of anarcho-communism are indistinguishable from my current beliefs anyway. Anarchism is freedom from hierarchy and Capitalism, and is not the chaos it is often mistakenly believed to be by people who are uninformed on the subject.

• Oppression is tyranny

The government having power like that would be terrible and you know it. You would have no choice, no freedom, they could putt a chip in your brain and control you and you could not resist! No one could live like that for long. With no government you have sweet freedom!

• I would prefer anarchy.

If there was a place with huge government, like Orwell's
    1984, with government controlling everything from your money to your food to
    your entertainment, I would prefer anarchy over this kind of government. A government should only be there to serve
    the people, not the other way around. No
    one wants to be a slave.

• Freedom is an Existential Imperative; This level of Statism would be ontologically impossible “Man is condemned to be free"- Jean Paul Satre

Humanity is defined by fallibility, choice, individualism, dissent, Rationale, Argument, love , Autonomy and Chaos. This hypothetical Big Brother regime would violate all these and more. Absolutism is nothing but an authoritative/imperial lust, forged by man's ignorance. I'd rather live in violent disequilibrium than in stable Oppression. It would counterpoise human initiative and progress. Imagine what it would mean in the context of 'the materialist conception of history' !