Libertarianism: Is the libertarian idea of smaller government a good idea?

• Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right

"They will not force us
    They will stop degrading us
    They will not control us
    We will be victorious"

It should at least be a third party, because it bases itself off of justice and liberty, which are not solely fancy words. My point is, there is far too much corruption within the Republican and Democratic parties, as well as a divide amongst the people. It is to the point now where there will be a third party, due to this year’s joke of an election. Libertarianism is not anarchy; it is not the complete absence of government. But if people want their opinions to have power, they would not be opposed to a small government, in which supports individual freedom. It is not an ideological concept, or rocket Science. It is something that this country has never attempted, so it would be foolish to completely denounce it.

• Libertarians have the right idea.

Libertarians have the right idea. If they had a chance of winning a large election I would consider joining their political party. Libertarians believe that people should be able to do whatever they want as long as what they are doing does not interfere with the rights of other people. I support that concept. Smaller government is a good thing. When government becomes involved in our personal lives, as they are currently doing, we begin to lose our freedoms one at a time.

• No, the libertarian idea of a smaller government is flawed.

A smaller government would lead to more exploitation by private companies in the name of profit. Wages would go down for the working class. There would be no environmental concerns. There would be a complete lack of over site if government suddenly got a lot smaller. In truth a larger government would be more effective.