Louis C.K.: 'Globally and historically, [men] are the number one cause of injury and mayhem to women.' Agree (yes) or disagree (no)?

• Let's take an educated look at this, shall we.

Yes, if you take a look at history men would harm the women of the other men that they defeated, but that is behind the civilized world. However this only happened because women didn't know how to defend themselves or how to avoid the eye of the conquering state. In a global sense men only cause greater harm to women in backwards third world countries that obviously cater to men because of their absurd views. In developed countries it is the contrary where women cause more harm to men due to misandric practice.

• I agree that men have historically the number one cause of injury and mayhem to women.

Historically, in addition to laws preventing women from obtaining the same rights and education as men, marriage laws permitted such humiliating and traumatic action on the behalf of husbands as rape. Additionally, women were enslaved by marriage because they could not have jobs or own land. Still, in contemporary society, women struggle to earn the same salaries as men in the workforce.

• Yes, that's usually true.

In terms of the violence women suffer, it is most often men who inflict it and often men that the women know personally. More globally, men have traditionally begun the wars that have left women open to rape and murder when basically they just wanted to protect their homes and families.

• It Goes Both Ways

I believe it is true that men are the number one cause of injury and mayhem to women, especially in general society and general every day interactions. However, I believe this is a two way street. When speaking in this context, I would also say that women are the number one cause of injury and mayhem to men.

• Women's Problems Stem from Men

Fifty percent of the births in some urban areas in America are to single mothers. Men frequently abandon women who get pregnant and won't take responsibility for what they have done. Rape and incest are caused by men. We hear horror stories of how male teachers have sex with underage girls in school and essentially ruin their lives. Men are absolutely the reason why women's lives are horrible.

• Well you see...

Personally, I think men (as I am a man myself) have the power to be either evil powerful monsters, or equally strengthened paladins....We can wreck or create. Men are violent creatures that are the real danger that go bump in the night. But once a man lays a hand on an innocent, he is no longer a man...But a beast.

• Mostly the uneducated macho men.

I am a man; and most men that abuse women are the macho punks and new Black gang rappers that trash women. And, the black men don't bother marrying most of the women they knock up. Huge problem in America.

Most women fall in love and take huge amounts of crap from their men. My mother stayed married to a drunk who abused her only when he was drunk. He was a womanizer, but he was also in WWII and a Marine. The kids are the ones that get hurt the most.

• Yes, men are the worst thing to happen to women ever

Although delivered as part of a joke, this line from Louis C.K. Stands up to scrutiny. Men are responsible for the vast majority of the ills to women throughout human history. In the past, women were treated as property. They were told who to marry and told to stay in the kitchen and cook. In some place, women are still unable to drive a car! This doesn't even touch on the psychical abuses men have perpetrated on women throughout history, including slavery and rape.

• Yes, men cause mayhem.

I have to agree, historically and globally, men are the number one cause of injury and mayhem to women. Of course, men are also the number one cause of injury and mayhem to men, so I guess that evens things out a bit. Women probably take the number two spot on that list, not for any lack of effort, but being, on average, less strong and less physically aggressive results in somewhat less injury and mayhem.

• No, they are not.

The number one cause of injury and mayhem to women is their driving. Men are a far distance second. Women cannot drive and cause all sorts of injuries to themselves as a result. They keep killing themselves because they cannot even drive in a straight line. It's kind of embarrassing.

• View of women

There seems to be a ridiculous belief that women are pure and innocent people who bear the hardships of the world. Women are not what society seems to depict them. The number one cause of mayhem and harm to women are themselves. Women take solace in stability yet desire any sort of change so to combat these conflicting emotions they seek out a social and/or physical anchor aka a man. They use said man as a shield against any of the negative causes of their own actions and by placing all blame for their actions on said man they preserve their innocent image.