Should the age requirement for Facebook be lowered to 13?

• Yes, the age should be lowered to 13 for Facebook.

Children already use Facebook under the age of 13. They lie about their age, or have a parent or friend set them up the account. I think The age should be lowered, but there should also be limits placed on it. They should only be allowed to view other 13 year old children. I also think there should be a way to tap into the actual age, like using the last four digits of the social security.

• Poo, I I

H h h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h h h hh h h h hh h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h

• Lower the limits

Facebook's age limit should be dropped below 13 . Minors feel left out.Think about it , kids around the world may not have some electronical devices that let them play games. But with Facebook , you can play almost any game. In case you forgot , they will grow up. Please at least lower the limits a little. Please take this advice

• Lower the limits

• It should be even lower than that. Maybe even twelve

I know a lot of tweens who have facebooks and there parents let them. It should be there parents choice not the people in charge of Facebook or anyone else for that matter. If a parent allows the child to then they could also monitor there accounts. I know if I were a parent and my kids asked I would say yes and monitor them.

• Waste of time

People are going to lie about age limits anyway so there is no point at all. I am a Facebook user and to me it is obvious who is lying or had a parent set up the account
    I think age limits are distractions to the manufacturers. They could be gaining fans but nope they need an age limit

• The age limit for Facebook should be removed.

There is nothing wrong with using Facebook at any age, as long as it is used responsibly. Responsibility starts at home with good parenting. Children use Facebook all the time; Facebook does not verify your age. Whether children should be allowed to use Facebook or not should be a parental decision.

• Yes, the age requirement for Facebook should be lowered to 13.

Young children already use Facebook and they do it with little restrictions or limitations. As of now, with the age requirement higher, the social site ignores that young kids are using it. Facebook needs to acknowledge this fact and lowering the age limit would do that. Facebook then needs to put protections in place for the younger users.

• No no no

No no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no no

• The limit should be 16

Facebook should NOT be allowed to anyone in my opinion under 16. There are some creepy people on the internet, and sometimes you may not even know what you have gotten yourself into. Even with the parents permission, it could mean danger to the whole family. It is crazy what people can do with computers these days. Anything is possible.

• Because it CAN'T be removed.

Certain laws force Facebook to only allow people of age. Facebook cannot hold any information of a minor or they can get in BIG trouble. So I guess I'm not saying that I personally think it shouldn't be taken away, I'm just saying you'll have to chance bigger laws than just asking Facebook to lower age limits willy-nilly.

• No, we should not lower the age restrictions to Facebook.

The Internet has taught us time and time again that even with the current age limits, people have shown themselves incapable of keeping personal and sensitive information out of the equation. If grown adults can't keep themselves safe on the Internet, I don't see how mere children could. Besides, history has also taught us that the Internet can be a dangerous place for children in even more serious ways.