Lowering sexual age of consent laws: Should age of consent laws regarding sex be made more liberal?

• Girls have sex in my area at very young ages

I think that consent should be 13 or 14, most 13 or 14 year old girls in my area have had sex, most with multiple partners, girls I grew up with were having sex with classmates at young ages of 9 and 10 bc the media has put a very sexual tint on our society, I think that once they are 13 or 14 and have a desire to sleep with older men I think it is wrong to persecute males who are programmed to desire young lovers from a reproductive point of view, I think rape at any age should be criminal, but if a girl sees a guy and wants to fuck them then why ruin that mans life by persecuting him for doing what is in his nature.

• Yes we should

I think we should lowered age of consent.By making age of consent higher only put more innocent people to prison in which no real has committed.Just like countdooku said what matter are prepubescent children not young adults teenager.Teenager are mature enough to make informed decision therefore just let them choose.

• Yes it should

What matter is to protect prepubescent children,the real innocent one,someone who are truly unable to give consent.But i in case of teenager can consent in having sex so therefore they should be able to make their own decision.They can have sex with an younger or older person than them,it should be legal.

• Yes they should

Sex laws should be judged on mental rather than physical age. I know 22 year olds who are incredibly immature and make decisions a lot of the time in the heat of the moment. However, I also know 14 year olds who consider the weight of every single action they commit

• Yes they should

Currently, although uncommon, two 14-year-olds can be prosecuted for having sex. 14 year olds should not be having sex, but this is not a situation where the law should be involved. I also think the age of consent laws need to be the same throughout the states, which is 16 and a 3 year age exception for those under 16. The age of consent should be federally 16.

• Sexual consent should be 13 or 14 in most country of the world

Consent can take place at very young age since some young people are perfectly mentally capable of understanding the sexual act and reasonable in making judgment of consequence.We should not presumed that an adult would legally rape minor because rape is define as sexual intercourse by force,threat of force or coercion. If a child voluntary freely agreed upon sexual relation with an adult then it's not rape. This is why in my opinion age of consent should be made more liberal to stop prosecution abuse of older men . Now aday we only put on an effort to child right's and very less to adult which in society we use to now devaluate adult's dignity and viewed them as always a predator.I agree that an adult do not have right to engage in harmful relationship but what if a child feels fine and comfortable with it?

• No the sexual consent law should not be lowered.

Children often jump into unpredictable situations and even at the age consent they are still to young to form a full image of what their future might be. By lowering the age that is required a lot more young people would make mistakes and end up making regretful decisions regarding their futures.

• No, teenagers are too young to make good choices regarding sex.

No, sexual age of consent laws should not be made more liberal, because teenagers are too young and immature to make good choices, and it is highly likely that they will be taken advantage of. With the consequences of sex being so great, teenagers are often not in a position to make good choices, and lowering the age of consent opens more children to exploitation.