Male rights to opt-out of child support in unwanted pregnancies: Should men have rights to opt-out of child support in unwanted pregnancies?

• Happening to my father..

My father has been in an abusive, draining relationship with a horrible, manipulative and evil woman for the past couple of years. After him and my mother had me, he had a vasectomy. He had 2 tests and he was sterile. Recently, his now ex partner has become pregnant. My father has had two more sperm counts to come to the conclusion that he is still in fact 100% sterile. The doctor has said that he should have a DNA test just to be sure. He does not want another child and is too old to deal with the strain of it. He is no longer with the woman and doesn't want any ties with her, but she insists that it is his even after his sperm tests. She has finally agreed to a DNA test. How is it fair, that if a man who has gone through a vasectomy and multiple tests to prove himself, and on the unfortunate premise it may be his, he has to be stuck supporting a child he did not want and its horrible mother for the next 18 years. It is not fair. In circumstances like this, men should NOT have to support a child they did not want especially when they have proof of exhausting everything to make sure something like this wouldn't happen.

• Yes ofcourse they should have rights

I 1000% agree that men should have the same rights as females in regards to reproduction. Consent to sex isnt consent to birth or marry. If a pregancy occurs and is unplanned, the female has the man in a loop forever no matter his views. How is that fair? She can opt out of the responsibility if she feels she isnt ready or willing to support a child but a man has no say? Us woman fight for equality but still expect the special treatment when its to out advantage? I dont think a man has the right to decide what she should do with the child but absolutely should have the right to remove himself completely if thats what he wants, after all she has that same right doesnt she. Accidents happen and it seems that when a woman decides to sort out the unplanned pregnancy (abortion,adoprion) she is taking responsibility and making a sensible move which is best for her but when a man wants to do the same thing he is a deadbeat and a lowlife? Its not a good enough answer to say "the woman is stuck forever so its her call" when they expect a man to step up just the same. Im a female

• Yes ofcourse they should have rights

• Forcing a man to fatherhood because of sex, is as barbaric as forcing a woman to marry because she enjoyed having sex with him.

This is a modern example of sexual discrimination and injustice. Both men and women are subject to instant impulses or reflexes that are governed by body's autonomic system like blinking or sneezing. A woman may enjoy having sex with a male prostitute but simply because she enjoyed it she should not be forced to marry him, or be forced to have a child with him. The same standard should be held for men who adamantly oppose pregnancy after a consensual sex where the man's withdrawal failed or he could not control his body's reflex. This social injustice has likely to have left irreversible scars on many children born to homes without father who had to grow up suffering from the pain of watching other children with a father. This injustice needs to stop.

• A fatherless child

Weman should just take the morning after pill but not force a guy to pay for a kids that he doesn't want.
    If the lady still wants the child that bad she should take care of the kid with her own financial ability. That would stop ladys from having multiple kids fathers and maybe able to get a husband

• A fatherless child

• There's No fair in force!

How many women would go through with this if child support wasn't the bullet proof system that completely benefits them? How many women purposely do this to wealthy men, athletes or even regular guys as a form of entrapment? This is so common and obvious it's ridiculous that there are still no laws that protect men. Then they wonder why the child support deficit is so high, it's a broken system, one that supports forced fatherhood on men that never agreed to be fathers. It ruins countless lives. I'm currently dealing with a situation with a woman that I had a 2 1/2-3 week casual relationship who once I realized there was something really off about her, I stopped talking to her. Then she started stalking me and out of nowhere blatantly told me that she was emptying my condoms inside of her after I would leave and giving me broken condoms which one broke and even though I pulled out she is claiming to be pregnant and that I better prepare for child support. She can act this way and do these things because she knows that it doesn't matter, she laughs in my face because she knows I have zero rights in this country as a man. She knows it's a 100% she is going to get child support. I'm 42 now I have to support her claim until I am 60+ against my will, there is no fairness in force. She should be arrested for doing such a thing. I don't even know her last name, this system is modern day slavery.

• One word, adoption.

If a woman can opt of via adoption upon delivery of the child unobstructed without question right there in the hospital and walk away because she did not want the responsibility then a man should be able to walk away just the same. Regardless if he is present when the child is born or not. The alternative is a woman gets state and federal assistance plus starts a family with another man be it married or just moved in and still be able to force another man to pay for a child because they cannot manage their finances well. For example veterans. 30 percent of veterans that have deployed come home and have at the least symptoms and traits of ptsd. The divorce rate among veterans is astounding. Well over 50 percent. She moves on with that child and moves in with her family or another man. The state pays for daycare so a woman can still be a productive part of society and work and or go to school. The support of the state and current relationship brings her annual income which individual women last year grossed 25000 annually between 20 and 25 and a man 29000 so add those together. Still the one man who is supporting himself and trying to live has to give half of his 29000 to another household to a kid probably calling another man daddy. This double standard has to stop. If mom can legally walk away at birth the father should be able to also. Damn sure no court should have the right to put your name on a birth certificate that is over stepping its position. It should not be involved in such things. What good is a man in prison now a felon for child support and what kind of wages do you think he will make after being a felon?

• It's about maintaining a Individuals sovereignty

Pregnancy accidents happen and it that moment the women has complete power over the outcome of the men's life. Not to mention 70% of women start divorces and take the men's house and kids. Everyone is entitled to their own sovereignty. It takes two. A women who a men accidentally knocks up due to birth control malfunction should not become a slave to the woman

• Of course they should

If a man doesn't want a child, he can pay the woman a single lump sum that equals the cost of abortion and never pay another dime. The system is fucked up, a 14 year old kid was put on child support after being raped, and men have been forced to pay child support after women take semen out of their condoms.

• Of course not

Men have the right to opt out of child support by not having a child. Certainly, the choice to carry the child is a woman's-but the choice to engage in an act that both parties know can result in a pregnancy belongs to both men and women. If you don't want to be financially responsible for the consequence of sex, don't have sex.

• No, men should not have rights to opt-out of child support in unwanted pregnancies.

Men should have to pay child support even if they don't want the female partner to carry on with the pregnancy. Men are just as responsible for the initiation of a pregnancy, therefore they should be responsible for child support. If men were allowed to opt-out, it would place an unfair burden on the woman, and countless children would grow up in poor conditions.

• No. They don't.

Male should not have the right to opt out of child support in unwanted pregnancies. Similarly, female should not have the right to terminate a pregnancy that was a result of consent relationship (unless it is a danger to her health) if the male wants to keep the baby. In that insist, the male will be given custodial right to the child upon birth and the female will have to pay child support.

• Yes, men should have the same rights as a woman to opt-out, since she has the right to an abortion.

This is all about equality. Since she has the right to not be a mother if she so chooses, a man should also have the right to not be a father, if he so chooses. I think that the argument about him not having to have sex is disingenuous. She could have also chosen to not have sex, but all of the responsibility falls on the male. She can have an abortion, and no one can say otherwise. The male is wholly dependent on "her' decision, which is unfair. I believe if she is given 24 weeks to decide on whether or not to be a mother, the male should also have the right. He could do so by writ, and have a virtual, legal abortion within a 24-week time frame (after notification).