Mandatory labeling of genetically modified foods: Should governments require that genetically modified foods be labeled?

• We Have A Right To Know!

We have a right to know what's in our food because we don't want
    Round-Up in our food, it may be unhealthy for our body, and you want to know what you're eating. Animal studies show that genetically modified food can cause organ damage and immune system disorders. This is why we should know what we eat.

• Yes it should be labeled so people will know if its organic or not.

It should be labeled because,when ever they take the dna like out of a cow all of the steroids they use to do could possibly harm the people,but on the other hand it creates more milk to the people of the world. Also people deserve to know what is in their Food/Drinks.They may also chose not eat the non organic food they might not know the difference

• People would like to know what is in there foods

Genetically modify food has quietly became the second nature in the us. It may surprise you how many foods are genetically modify. Because if you allergic to the chemical that is in the food some that people that would want to know what to know what there eating before the eat is because that they might be allergic.

• Genetically modified foods do need to be labeled

I researched about genetically modified foods. When crops are genetically modified they may help their growers but they do not help the consumer. Some ways they help the owner is parasite resistance. But they are unhealthy now some doctors recommend a no GMO diet. By eating these foods it is putting bacteria into our bodies since GMO food has came out food allergies have sky rocketed. Plus even illnesses as autism and digestive problems.
    GMO food should be labeled we have a right to know what we are eating.

• People should now what's in their foods.

To be honest I have looked all on GMOFS.Org and each say the debate is over GMFs are good for you but I still would like to know what goes in my body. Many sites say that it is good for you it resists diseases better, and can provide much needed food in starving nations. But what is someone is allergic to some of the stuff u put in your crops.

• We should know about genetically modified foods.

The consumers should know about the things that are in genetically modified foods. Research shows that there is about 65% though 75% of the foods that we eat are genetically modified food. And I know this because I researched it on Yahoo answers, discovery and Environmental working group will tell you more things about (GM).

• Yes, if genetically modified products were used, put a label on it.

Not to jump strait in, but think about everything we DON'T know is in the products we buy. If someone has genetically modified a food with a certain product or chemical you may be allergic to, that could be a hazard to you or anyone's health. Also for religious or ethical reasons, some Americans may want to avoid a product introduced to genetically modified foods. And according to colostate.Edu, at least 64 countries in the world have labels concerning GMO's or GMF's on food products. So finally, all this information leads up to my conclusion that yes, foods should be labeled if GMO's or GMF's are involved.

• Yes because the consumers would want to know what they're eating .

The reason why we would want to know is because so we would not eat anything with poisoning or anything bad in our food. There are also people that are allergic to foods so we would need labels on the products that the consumers are buying. For example: corn ,wheat,

• Consumers have the right to know about GMF.

If consumers knew what kind of effects genetically modified foods gave them, I'd feel like they'd want to know if they're eating them. Animals have died or have become seriously ill because of GMF, hazardous genes from these foods can be inserted into your own genes, and unexpected dangerous substances may be present in these foods. Who wouldn't be worried about these dangerous side affects and this animal cruelty? I would want to know if what I was eating may possibly get me very ill or maybe even cause me to die. This food may be tasty and efficient to create, but at what cost? We have calorie labels, trans fat labels, and many more. So why not GMF labels?

• We Have A Right To Know!

• We have better financial uses

Why waste our money on more ink and paper? If you want organic, non-GMO certified products, thats why America has grocery stores that sell items with non-GMO in bright colors on the front of the box. Drive a little more, and spend a little more so we as a country dont have to do that. If we labeled EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT IN THE USA, companies would have to send a sample of their product to a test lab to have it tested for GMOs. That is a stupid waste of time and money. If you are an organic, non-GMO, healthy person, then go with your bad self. Congratulations. You did it. Go to the Whole Foods market or something. Let America focus on more important things than healthy food.

• It's Unnecessary for Governments to do it.

First off, one reason govts do not need to do it is that private companies such as the non GMO project(http://www.Nongmoproject.Org) allow companies to submit products to them and if the product is non-GMO, then they'll put a non-GMO certification on the product. Another problem with mandatory GMO labeling is that every company will have to submit their product to the FDA which could mean a loss in profits for small companies not just big corporations. Additionally, if people want to avoid GMOs, a simple genetal rule is to not buy anything that comes in a bag or box or basically any processed food and avoid common GMO foods like corn, soy, etc. In conclusion, govts do not need mandatory GMO labeling as companies such as the non GMO project do that and you can avoid processed foods to limit your intake and additionally, the science on if GMOs are harmful is inconclusive. Keep in mind this isn't written by an executive at Monsanto or a big food company.