Many Macy's stores set to close: Is Lord and Taylor better than Macy's?

• No, it is not.

Lord and Taylor is not better than Macy's. Like many other stores that have started to focus on fast fashion, which uses low quality materials and slave labor to produce cheap clothing that is only durable enough to last a single season. This results in many clothes being thrown away and ending up in landfills.

• It's a matter of opinion

I personally do not shop at either place, so I really don't have an opinion. However, I do know that there are people who prefer Macy's and other people who prefer Lord and Taylor. It just depends on personal taste and style. Macy's has been around a long time. Perhaps they aren't keeping up with the times as well as they need to.

• They are different.

I don't think that Lord and Taylor is better than Macy's. In fact, I think that the two retailers are too different to really compare them. Lord and Taylor is nicer and fancier. The store caters to more of a luxury, upscale clientele. Macy's is the department store for middle class families, so I visit that one more often.

• Macy's is for the people.

Lord and Taylor has higher price points than Macy's. If a person regularly shops at Macy's they can get to know all of the different brands. They can easily find the clothes that they want. Lord and Taylor is not as every day. It is harder to do regular shopping at Lord and Taylor.