March storms fill California's water reservoirs, but will that be enough to endure drought season?

• Recent storms alleviate California's drought

The heavy rain storms in California have filled the state's reservoirs, which should be enough to get the state through the drought season. Although California has gone through a severe drought for five years, this provides much needed relief. This will flow to Central Valley and the heavily populated Southern California region.

• 2015 NASA Study Pours Cold Water On California Drought Picture

According to NASA in a 2015 study, California experienced a net negative 20 inches of rainfall from 2012 to 2015. Due to a primarily arid climate punctuated by brief but heavy storms, California's precipitation is driven by high-pressure systems in the eastern Pacific Ocean, which discourage the heavy rains from reaching landfall. These systems currently do not show signs of significant reduction, and the "rain debt" is only expected to increase.

• No, I do not think the March storms will be enough to fill California's water reservoirs.

No, I do not think the March storms will be enough to fill California's water reservoirs because California has a major water shortage problem and over time the water reservoirs will run out. People in California are forced to ration using water because of this major problem and the state government needs to create more legislation to solve this problem.

• No, I do not think the March storms will be enough to endure the drought season in California.

No, I do not think the March storms will be enough to endure the drought season in California because the state is one of the most populated states in America and the water will soon run out once again because of the large number of people using the water. I believe the government needs to take more steps to ensure that California's water shortage problem is solved.