Medical marijuana dispensaries: Are medical marijuana dispensaries a good idea?

• Medical marijuana dispensaries are a good idea.

Medical marijuana dispensaries are a good idea. There are hundreds if not more patients out there that depend on the drug to help with their medical issues. Since this is becoming legal for everyone in some states, I hope that this increases the need for the people that need the drug to be able to get it.

• Yes, they are.

I believe that medical marijuana dispensaries are a good idea. I think that there are many people who benefit specifically from marijuana for treatment of various illnesses and types of pain in a way that they don't respond to other types of medicines. I think that dispensing them and regulating it is better than just buying it from a random person on the street.

• It is a great idea.

Medical marijuana dispensaries are a good idea. They allow for people who need to use it legally to obtain it in a safe manner. With taxes being posed on the pot being sold at medical marijuana dispensaries are a great revenue boost for the governments and would also boost the economy.

• Medical marijuana dispensaries are a must.

Many people who have a medical marijuana license are terminally ill. Some of them are not able to grow their own and having to search for it on the streets would be quite a burden. Medical marijuana dispensaries assure that the product is of very high quality and at a reasonable price.

• No, I do not think marijuana dispensaries are a good idea.

No, I do not think marijuana dispensaries are a good idea. I do think medical marijuana is a good idea, but I think it should be dispensed through pharmacies just like every other drug. A person should get a prescription for a certain amount, pick it up at the pharmacy, and get their prescription refilled by a doctor when they need more. Just like any other drug.

• No, medical marijuana dispensaries are not a good idea.

As marijuana becomes legal in more states, we're seeing these pop up. I feel that if marijuana has medicinal properties, it should be studied and the active ingredient can be taken out and reformulated into pill form with safe dosage known as tested. As an example, you don't see us chewing on tree bark for pain relief; we pop an aspirin.

• No, they are just drugs in one place.

No, medical marijuana dispensaries are not a good idea, because they are only keeping all drugs in one place. Dispensaries only make the drug more available. Marijuana is second behind alcohol in terms of the most highly treated addictions in the United States. There is no reason to hand out something that addictive on the street corner.