Metallica pays tribute to Lemmy Kilmister: Is Metallica the greatest band of all time?

• Yes it is.

Yes, i agree with this. It is true to say that Metallica is the greatest band of all time. This is evidenced by their actions of paying tribute to Lemmy Kilmister. They did a wonderful thing and i second this. Therefore, the other bands should also copy this from them.

• Metallica is not the greatest band of all time

Metallica is not the greatest band of all time. In fact, it doesn't even rank as one of the top 100 greatest bands of all time. Yes, the band has some modicum of talent and appeals to a certain audience. But, greatest of all time? Guffaw! Give me a break.

• No, I don`t think so.

Metallica, along with metal bands in general, require a specific taste for that kind of music. Personally, it is not my favorite thing to listen to. Music is based off a variety of tastes, that is why we have so many different genres. Anyway, It is up to the listeners preference.

• They're good, but ...

Metallica isn't the greatest band of all time. They are a good band, for sure, but they're not the only good heavy metal band out there. One tribute does not make one band especially worthy. But, Metallica should be commended for the effort. It is good to hear about the tribute.