Metallica's new album: Does "Hardwired" sound like vintage 80's metal?

• Yes, I think that Metallica's new album sounds like vintage 80's metal.

Metallica is one of the greatest rock bands of all time. They started out in the 80's and have risen to mainstream success. When they started in the 80's they loved rock-and-roll. As they have gotten older, their style has changed and they started drifting away from what brought them to music. This album is taking them back to where is started.

• Yes, I think so.

Metallica fans are funny. They complain no matter what Metallica does. They complain when Metallica does something new stylistically, and then they complain when Metallica does something old stylistically. They've either lost themselves and people want the old Metallica back, or they're just rehashing old ideas and people say they're bored. Seriously? Get outta here with that. Go back and watch something off of the Seattle '89 concert (like Whiplash) and then listen to this. I think the spirit and edge Metallica had in the 80s is somewhat present in this song albeit watered down by age which is only natural. I won't stop trying to justify this song because this is the most authentic sounding Metallica song I've heard since the Black Album.

• Yes, it does.

Metallica's new album, "Hardwired" truly sounds like vintage 80's metal. It actually Hardwired sounds a lot more natural and unforced, like a confident combination of Death Magnetic‘s thrashy bits and Reload. Therefore, it is everything Metallica fans have wanted. A short track that hits hard and leaves you smiling the whole way through.

• It has some 80s vintage sounds.

Yes, Hardwired sounds a lot like vintage '80s metal, because it has a loud cymbal and it is musical. Hardwired goes back to the '80s with the sounds, harmonies and use of percussion that reminds the listener of the famous bands of the 1980s, at a time when metal was at its peak. It uses these characteristics proudly, at a time when many television shows have gone vintage as well.