Miami Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez was killed in boating accident. Should MLB have cancelled Sunday's games?

• Yes, I think so.

Very sad indeed. Jose was a shooting star in the tired sport of baseball. He brought exuberance to the mound every time he pitched. His infectious personality will be missed beyond the diamond. RIP Jose and condolences to your family, teammates and friends. He was also the Marlins’ biggest draw, with attendance and television ratings consistently spiking on the days he pitched — “Jose Day” as they were commonly known.

• The MLB should not have cancelled Sunday's games.

While the death of pitcher Jose Fernandez was a tragedy and a loss for the sport it is important that the games continued on this weekend. This was the sport that he loved and canceling the games would not have been what he wanted. Continuing to play ball is honoring Jose Fernandez.

• No, do not cancel the game.

It is extremely sad that their picture died and it's important to pay their respects in some way. I don't believe canceling the game would necessarily be the way to make that happen. I don't know if they did or not, as I don't watch baseball, but more respect can be paid in front of millions of people and a positive message sent by playing the game in his honor and for the honor of his family who will spend a lifetime grieving their loss.

• The MLB made the correct decision in not cancelling Sunday's games.

While the death of Jose Fernandez was a tragedy, cancelling all Sunday games would have had a major financial impact on far too many people. Cancelling all of the games would have resulted in a loss of income for thousands of hourly employees, leaving their families shortchanged. Continuing with the scheduled games allowed the league to Honor Jose Fernandez without creating financial waves in the lives of so many people.