Minimum weight requirements for models: Should there be a minimum weight limit for professional models?

• Yes yes yes

Because yes because yes because yes because ye gy g g gg g g g gh g gg g g g g g g g g gg g g g g g g g rfd c rfty g4r fy6 uh6f 4rf y tf5t7u kmk hn gtb htb jmu by tgb

• Yes yes yes

• Yes yes yes

• There needs to be a limit

I am a model myself and in this industry, you have to be able to fit the clothes given. Now, with that being said, we have petite and plus sized models. One should not be an unhealthy weight, under or over, due to health issues and how it would affect their overall career (lack of sleep, laziness, ect.). As long as you fit into what you are assigned and you are maintaining a healthy weight and diet, I think it would be okay.

• Yes, there should be a minimum weight limit for models.

It would be good for the health of the modeling profession if their was a minimum weight limit. This would prevent models from starving themselves and doing other harmful things to their body to remain slim. It would prevent a lot of eating disorders in younger girls aspiring to be a model.

• Yes, they are unhealthy.

Yes, there should be minimum weights for models, because models are too thin. The models are unhealthy. Their own health is more important than the preferences of a fashion designer. Models also set examples for young people, especially girls. They could present a healthier image if they had to be healthy in order to work.

• No, there shouldn't be a weight limit.

Honestly I think that there should not be any kind of weight limit. Who cares about how much they weigh. I am sixteen and a little overweight and looking at the models makes me want to do everything I can to be skinny like them. I've even taking it to starving myself. Yeah being underweight and overweight is unhealthy but what the modeling companies need to see is the beauty that is inside not out. Girls especially can get really put down because of this.

• No, there should not be a minimum weight requirement!

Telling girls they aren't skinny enough, or aren't pretty enough is pretty discriminating. If a girl wants to be a model, say she's got the looks and everything except she's a little over weight, that shouldn't stop her from being a model! That is a prime example of DISCRIMINATION! Also, it will teach those girls to have eating disorders. It wouldn't keep them completely healthy!