More US families own cats than stocks: Would you own a cat before you invested in stocks?

• Cat before stocks

Yes I would probably own a cat before I invested in stocks. I have not owned a cat but I would in the near future when the time is right. As for stocks I have no idea about them. I do not know how where or when to invest in them.

• Yes, I would own a cat before investing in stocks

I would own a cat before investing in stocks because in most cases the cat is owned as a pet. It is very obvious that one can save and get enough cash for buying a cat than the big amounts required to invest in stocks. Due to this, it becomes very easy for one to acquire a cat than to invest in stocks.

• Cats are Cheaper than stocks

Cats, like dogs, birds, lizards, whatever takes your fancy, are pets and are as such a part of the family. Stocks are not a part of the family. Whether a family would own a cat before investing in stocks is a question that would never cross ones minds. Its like asking, "would you have a baby before investing in mutual funds?"

• No, stocks are infinitely more important than cats.

I would never buy a cat before I invested in stocks. Stocks bring in financial income if handled well, whereas cats can become a financial burden if they develop health problems along the way. A well developed stock portfolio can be helpful for advancing credit, bringing in money, and gaining experience in the stock world. Cats do not have anything specific that they can be helpful for, besides running away and making messes.