Morocco prohibits sale of Burqa's: Will this cause uprisings among Muslims?

• It is unfair to ban Burqas

There will be an uprising among Muslims around Morocco's ban on the sale of burqas, but that doesn't mean it will be a violent uprising. It is ridiculous to blame an article of clothing for anything, and it is a meaningless change to outlaw them. Muslims are being targeted and they know that.

• It will cause problems.

Yes, I think that prohibiting the sales will cause uprisings and a lot of problems among Muslims. Although I don't think that any woman should be forced to wear this, it also should not be impossible to buy. If someone wants to live their life that way and wear it, we should let them.

• No, younger muslims don't favor female wardrobe regulations.

No, Morocco's prohibition of Burqas will not cause uprisings among Muslims. Not only are younger Muslims leaving Burqas behind in favor of more modern dress, older Moroccans from the upper and middle classes also do not favor the restrictive clothing. Beyond individual religious views , it is also a security concern for the country, and is a step in the right direction.

• Morocco only banned the niqab not the burqa

The niqab is a type of burqa covering everything except the eyes. The reason given was that criminals hide their identities using niqabs. I still don't think Morocco should ban it. There are so many other ways a person could conceal their identity. Makeup and a haircut for one. I don't particularly think women should wear niqabs since I'm agnostic, but if someone wants to express themselves that way they should be allowed to do so.

Also it only says the niqab will be banned from production or sale. If they don't ban wearing it a woman could still knit her own.

• No, it probably won't be a big deal.

Most Muslims worldwide do not agree with wearing burqas or niqabs, so this shouldn't be an issue at all. There may be a few extremists who will be upset by this, but most Moroccans probably agree with the ban. Burqas are not very common in most Muslim countries, especially in North Africa.