Mt. Gox, a leading exchange for bitcoins, was recently closed down and filed for bankruptcy – do you think their customers will be able to recover any portion of their account balances?

• Mt. Gox, a leading exchange for bitcoins

No if Mt. Gox, a leading exchange for bitcoins, was recently closed down and filed for bankruptcy I think think their customers will not be able to recover any portion of their account balances at this time they will probably have to file something in order to see any of there money again.

• It is gone.

No, I do not think that customers will be able to recovery any portion of their account balances in Bitcoin, because they were operating with a currency that was not sanctioned by the federal government. The law is that only the federal government can make a currency. Since this was improper, they should not get their money back.

• No, the customers will not be able to recover any of their money.

I do not believe that the customers of the exchange site Mt. Gox, will be able to recoup some of their account balances. I think that when the site was hacked and a lot of the bitcoins were stolen, it was most likely a case of a corrupt system and site.

• No Recovery of Money for Bitcoin customers

Customers of Mt. Gox are unlikely to receive any financial compensation for the loss of their bitcoin wealth. Bitcoin investment has been extremely risky from the start and it is not surprising that exchanges are going out of business. Until bitcoins are traded on a more secure platform, there will be huge risk in investment in them.