Multi-million dollar show homes: Should there be an extra tax on the sale of very expensive homes?

• Introduce Extra Tax on the Sale of Very Expensive Homes

Introducing extra tax on the sale of very expensive homes supports the states budgets and provides additional financing for communal expense, culture, medical care and green initiatives. On the other hand the owners of luxury and expensive homes are in a better material position thus paying more tax will not impact them heavily.

• Yes, I think there should be a tax because they can afford it.

Yes, I think there should be a tax because they can afford it. If someone is buying a major house somewhere in the country then they have significant income. I think they can afford to pay a bit more in taxes on their house that they are buying. I think it would be very fair.

• They pay enough.

No, there should not be an extra tax on the sale of very expensive homes, because if a person wants to own a very expensive home that is not the rest of our business to criticize. The rich people already pay the vast majority of the taxes in this country, we do not need to dip into their pockets in yet another way. I believe in the trick down effect.

• No, the housing industry is already slump why add more pain?

The housing industry has yet to recover from the last recession why make it even harder for buyers to purchase the home of their choice? A new tax on expensive would just make harder of current home owners to move up to bigger homes and for first time purchasers to qualify for a mortgage.