N.Y. firefighter and police brawl at charity event: Is a brawl at hockey game OK even when it's a charity event and the players are police officers and firefighters?

• It is a traditional part of the sport.

Ever hear the joke. "I went to the fights the other night and a hockey game broke out."? Though it is not necessary to the game, it is so common that rules are made to the fights, like a penalty for just punching each other but if you use your hockey stick you can get ejected from the game. Other sports also have unnecessary things in them that have become part of the pastime, like the slam dunk, especially when they grab the rim. In pro areas, they know players will do this so they put in special glass and rims.
    Next thing some of you will want is for pro. Football players to play flag football so they don't get hurt so much.

• Brawling is inherent to hockey

Well, I don't really like hockey: I find it boring and extremely violent, but I don't agree with those ones that constantly try to set limits to the free practice of a traditional sports game, like hockey: Brawling is an expression of amateurity and it goes well with the essence of this game.

• In fact, they should act even more disciplined!

It is such an unfortunate event that NY firefighter and police team brawled at the hockey game. It should not have happened especially because it was a charity even and also because the players were all from two important governmental departments. Police officers must at more disciplined as their reputation might get in danger.

• No it is not okay

No it is not okay for the law enforcement and the firefighter to fight. They are role models that young children look up to and they are supposed to uphold the law. They are supposed to be peaceful and resolve their issues without the use of violence they should both be suspended without pay from their jobs. Possibly fired even.

• No, I don't think a brawl at a hockey game is ok even when it's police officers and firefighters.

I think many people in the community look up to police officers and fire fighters as role models in the community so when they see or read about a fight between them it lessens their view on them, I don't think it's okay at all for there to be any sort of serious fighting at a sporting event.