Names of dead spies used to carry out Joseph Stalin's work under the Kremlin released: Does this information coming to light affect your opinion of Russia?

• It's the same

I still see Russia as a competitor country, and assume that it will continue to use espionage to secure its position globally and to gain information that might help Russia and hurt its enemies. With regards to present day, I'm pretty sure Russia has plenty of spies in the US and that it had an effect on our recent election.

• No, the release of names of dead spies used to carry out Joseph Stalin's work does not affect my opinion of Russia

No, the release of names of dead spies used to carry out Joseph Stalin's work does not affect my opinion of Russia. It is known that Stalin used spies to carry out his work. That is historical fact that is generally accepted. There may be a few surprising names on the list, but at that time, everyone was suspected of helping Russia.

• This does not change my opinion of Russia.

While its great that the current Russian government has released these documents I know from history that the Soviets were an oppressive regime and Stalin was a terrible ruthless dictator. They were allies in World War II but that doesn't excuse the things they have done in the past. However, that was the past and those people are mostly dead so we shouldn't worry abut it.

• Russia has always plotted.

Americans know that Russia is not an ally. They know that Russia shot down a plane over the Ukraine without justification. They know that Russia just took over part of the Ukraine without justification. They know that Russia has secret spy agencies and that Russia is always plotting to improve its position in the world.