NASA has announced that any published research funded by them will now be available at no cost. Should NASA be able to keep certain information classified?

• Yes, of course

Obviously NASA will not published any research funded by them. I think no one believe this. Why now not last years or 50 years ago , NASA do this on purpose but we don't what they aim. It is like airport security, it makes you feel safe but actually it is not.

• Yes, Some critical information must stay classified.

Publishing research information is a very good gesture by NASA in order to let people know about the advancement happening in Science field. This will also help justify the investments. They should be able to keep some of critical information from publishing. Some of the technology they use is very important for national security and disclosing it is not a good idea. If used by wrong people , it can be a threat .

• Yes, NASA should keep certain information classified.

I think NASA should be able to keep certain information classified. Some of the research NASA does is for our defense department. That research could contain classified information that the country may not want the rest of the world to know. I believe it is in the best interest of our national security to keep some information classified.

• Yes, they should.

NASA has been known to be involved in gathering information that would be important to keep secret in the interest of National Security. However, they have decided to voluntarily release all of their studies, which means that they are not worried about the security issues related to any studies. They can still keep some things secret.

• Yes, I do belive that Nasa should have the ability to keep any information that they want or feel they need to classified.

I believe this because I do not feel that it is our right to know everything that goes on with the NASA production. I feel it really is only the right of few people and organizations to know classified information from them. If everyone knew what was going on with NASA technically nothing they find out is classified and some people could potentially use information against them.

Dilara says2016-08-20T02:20:13.157
They should be able to keep some really important info classified.
Skeptical1 says2016-08-20T12:09:37.830
If it's secret, then it won't be published - the article makes this pretty clear. All they are saying is you won't have to pay for unclassified information, which is very nice of them.