Neil Armstrong threatened legal action against his barber, for selling his hair to a collector for $3,000. Do lawsuits help regulate against bad behavior?

• Lawsuits help regulate against bad behavior

Lawsuits help regulate against those that engage in bad behavior. For instance, Neil Armstrong threatened legal action against his barber, for selling his hair to a collector for $3,000. without the threat of a lawsuit, there would have been little that could have been done. Companies face litigation, which forces them to behave better.

• Yes, fear of being sued is a pretty strong deterrent.

I would be far less likely to do something if I knew that I could get sued for it. I think that lawsuits, while occasionally frivolous, are an important tool that ordinary people can use to protect themselves. Obviously lawsuits don't prevent all bad behavior from happening, but I do think it can help.

• Yes, lawsuites help restrict bad behavior.

Lawsuits can be an important tool that protects people against some bad behavior. The threat of lawsuits ensures that many will be careful when dealing with others. They will be careful not to cause physical or financial harm against others. Lawsuits cannot prevent all wrongdoing from happening. However, when a tort has been committed, there is legal recourse that can be taken which will serve as a future precedent for others.

• No, lawsuits don't regulate bad behavior

Lawsuits are not a good way of compensating for damages or loss. It should not be a tool to regulate behavior for that is why laws are created. Lawsuits do not deter behavior for the bad behavior is already done. The possible consequences of an action does not motivate a person to do something or not do something. It is their conscience and if that is compromised, no lawsuit will deter them.