Nevada gets Tesla's Gigafactory: Did Elon Musk make a good decision by selecting Reno as the site for a new factory?

• Yes, Nevada Offered Unparalled Incentives

Yes, Elon Mush did make a good decision by selecting Reno as the site for a new factory. In my opinion, Nevada offered the company incentives that were too good to pass up. Nevada's 1.25 billion dollar offer will eliminate tax cost for the company for about 20 years. Telsa will also receive 120 million in transferable tax credits which can be sold to other companies. I think selecting to build in Reno was a smart choice and one that will prove financially beneficial for the company.

• Central to the Growth Strategy

It is pretty clear that the initial market for the Tesla will be the Western United States. California drivers will see the appeal, so why not manufacture the vehicle as close to the consumers as possible. While the costs of building the care in the United States will be high, Musk should be commended for keeping manufacturing jobs in the United States.

• Yes, Musk's choice for the factory was appropriate

Elon Musk chose one of the industrial centers of the United States, as well as a state that is less associated with eco-friendly cars. I have yet to see the Tesla widely used in other states and feel that the move to Reno would be the best for the car itself.

• I believe Elon Mush chose well in selecting Reno for Telsa's Gigafactory.

I believe Elon Mush chose well in selecting Reno for Telsa's Gigafactory. Nevada is very friendly to businesses of all sizes when it comes to taxes. Nevada also has plenty of land available for development. Reno is home to Microsoft and Amazon, so there is already a community in Reno friendly to workers in the tech sector and their families.