Nicolas Cage turned down Dumb and Dumber: Is Jim Carrey a bigger star than Nicolas Cage?

• Neither are that great

Jim Carey is obnoxious and annoying, and Nicholas Cage is strange and creepy. I don't think either of them is a better actor. I wouldn't hire either of them if I were making a film. To compare the two is like comparing brussel sprouts and spinach! Both are icky and unappealing.

• Cage is bigger.

Nicolas Cage is definitely a bigger star than Jim Carrey, whether or not he was in Dumb and Dumber. Carrey is just a character actor, so he plays the same types of roles in every single film. Cage's roles show more versatility, so I believe that he ultimately has more talent.

• Jim Carrey is really no bigger a star than Nicholas Cage.

Jim Carrey and Nicholas Cage are both very successful actors. To say one is a bigger star than the other is just a matter of opinion. They both go through periods between making movies and not. They each have had their fair share of successes and failures. They are both household names.

• No, i disagree.

Just because Nicolas Cage turned down Dumb and Dumber, does not mean that Jim Carrey is a bigger star than him. There's no doubt that Nicolas Cage is a huge movie star, but his choices in roles hasn't always been stellar. He has been up for a number of huge roles that could have been his most famous, if he had taken them.