Nintendo bought a porn pardody to protect its rights. Is this going too far?

• Nintendo shouldn't have bought a porn parody

In a desperate reach to protect their copyright of their titles, Nintendo purchased a parodic porn version of one of their titles. This is definitely going too far because buying this porn parody means that vulnerable youngsters may decide to buy the title if it is part of Nintendo's roster.

• It is not going to far

I would luv to c a peach and mario and im happy to see luigi thrown in there too . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• No, Nintendo did not go too far in protecting its rights by purchasing a porn parody.

Nintendo is a massive, worldwide company with a very far reach. It is not surprising that they would have purchased a porn parody in order to protect its brand and reputation. Nintendo is a brand that is enjoyed by many ages, but a huge user group is children. It makes perfect sense that Nintendo would want to protect its brand by purchasing this porn in order to ensure it stays off the market and does not cloud its image.

• Good for Nintendo.

I don't think that Nintendo protecting its rights by getting rid of porn parodies is overstepping. The vast majority of Nintendo's money comes from projects marketed to young children and teens. I think it's admirable that they are getting some of this nasty porn off the market, and I wish more companies would do the same.

• No, it is not going too far.

Nintendo was within it's rights to buy the porn parody. They have a right and an obligation to protect the integrity of the brand by buying the porn parody and preventing it from being released. If it was released people may have belived it was official anyway, thus damaging the family friendly brand.