Nirvana (yes) vs. Red Hot Chili Peppers (no): Who's better?

Asked by: begobuitron
  • Nirvana is the best band ever

Nirvana invented a whole genre (grunge), beat Red Hot Chili Peppers in their own genre (alternative rock) and are much more well known. Everyone likes Nirvana. I admit Red Hot Chili Peppers are amazing, but Nirvana is legendary. In 3 studio albums, Nirvana developed a whole cult following, and millions of fans.

• RHCP is better

First off they don't scram and use mainly power chords some people never use productivity. John is such a better guitarist than Kurt was. Also Kurt killed himself and left his (at the time) three year old daughter behind. I think that's enough to support my claim and price that RHCP is better.

• Lyrics, vocals and number of hits

1) Kurt admitted that, until "In Utero", he wrote most of his lyrics minutes before recording and did not pay them much thought. RHCP's lyrics are more meaningful and less-cryptic.
    2) No offense, but Kurt sounds awful. Give me Keadis anyday.
    3) Even though hits don't equal good songs, and Nirvana were more influential, RHCP simply have more songs in their arsenal.